Bethesda Announces Hunted: The Demon's Forge, Co-Op Action Fantasy

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Bethesda Announces Hunted: The Demon's Forge, Co-Op Action Fantasy

Created by inXile Entertainment, Hunted?s two main characters, hot and surly bowmistress Elara and Caddoc the burly warrior, work together to save a dark fantasy world.

Read Full Article

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Aww...its not DEVELOPED by Bethesda?

The last things they PUBLISHED were Wet (fun, but the definition of a rental) and Rogue Warrior. (TERRIBLE!)

Dec 14, 2009
Looks very interesting. Might be one to look out for, as long as it has split-screen co-op. Playing Borderlands with my fiance tonight for the first time. If all goes well she may be willing to try more co-op games.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Lookins promising. And been made by quality publuisher too.

Certainly something I will need to watch out for!

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
This is a bit similar to my idea but this is more story-oriented. I will be looking foward to this, I was afraid when I read the ign preview they said it was a 360 exclusive but then found on their site and here that it isnt.

TOGSolid

Jul 15, 2008
Not interested. Everything they touch gets the mark of death these days. Oblivion, Wet, Star Trek: Legacy, Rogue Warrior, nooooo thank you.

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
Consider me interested. Although, Bethesda better announce TESV soon...

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
Yokai said:
Exactly what Im hoping for but this does still look like a lot of fun on paper. Aslong as the puzzles are challenging and the game is easy to pick up and play but hard to master it should be a nice litte addition to my gaming cupboard one day.

NamesAreHardToPick

Jan 7, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:

The last things they PUBLISHED were Wet (fun, but the definition of a rental) and Rogue Warrior. (TERRIBLE!)
The last thing they DEVELOPED was terrible too, Fallout3 had more code bugs than radroaches. It hangs, it crashes, it corrupts saves in ways I could never imagine... and the GOTY edition couldn't load saves from the disc I traded in to get it. Yes, the GAME OF THE YEAR edition.

My wife still loves it but I've sworn to never give them another dollar.

That said, Hunted looks neat. If it has split-screen my wife might want to play along with me. Of course I'd get stuck playing the skanky archer since she's got dibs on melee characters.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:

haha, I was also going to freak out. A NEW IP FROM BETHESDA?!?! Oh well, the last original IP they had was "IHRA Drag Racing" in 2000 and we all know how that turned out. If you're reading this and wondering why you've never heard of the game... there's a good reason as I'm pretty sure Bethesda is ashamed it exists.

Actually, Bethesda makes a lot of shit they never advertised:
Sea Dogs
Symbiocom
Zero Critical
PBA Bowling
Like 7 games about drag racing for some reason
Pirates of the Caribbean
Skip Barber Racing

The list of immense crap that isn't the Elder Scrolls series goes on and on. Fallout 3 excepted.

NamesAreHardToPick said:
The last thing they DEVELOPED was terrible too, Fallout3 had more code bugs than radroaches. It hangs, it crashes, it corrupts saves in ways I could never imagine... and the GOTY edition couldn't load saves from the disc I traded in to get it. Yes, the GAME OF THE YEAR edition.
If you want to learn what a REAL buggy game is like play Daggerfall (also bethesda). Fallout 3 was a fine tuned mustang compared to Daggerfall on release, which I would akin to a tercel missing 3 wheels and a door. If Dagerfall were a car, it would not be street legal, yet for some reason it's still fun as hell to drive.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
I'm just worried about the companion AI, if I get another Shiva I'mma gonna hurt some bitches!
Though it IS by the guys who made A Bard's Tale, and that WAS freaking awesome... Yeah, I'm on board.

funksobeefy

Mar 21, 2009
but is there offline co-op?

I dont care if there is online co-op, but I love late nights with a friend playing an awesome offline co-op game. though it could be fun to play with friends from far away.

how do skills and level ups go when getting partnered? I dont want to have to rush someone nor do I want to be rushed

Fayathon

Professional Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
Split screen will probably be the deciding factor in whether I get this or not, I've got a lot of friends that don't have any of the current consoles.

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
Novskij said:
Yokai said:
Although after the poor excuse for a Bethseda RPG known as oblivion, i dont have much hope for a good TES. :-(
I enjoyed Oblivion well enough, and after the concentrated excellence that was Fallout 3, I have faith in them.

Giantcain

Oct 29, 2009
Yokai said:
Novskij said:
Yokai said:
Although after the poor excuse for a Bethseda RPG known as oblivion, i dont have much hope for a good TES. :-(
I enjoyed Oblivion well enough, and after the concentrated excellence that was Fallout 3, I have faith in them.
what is so bad about oblivion anyway i really enjoyed it