No More Heroes Creator Making Serial Killer Game?

Austin MacKenzie

Jan 26, 2010
No More Heroes Creator Making Serial Killer Game?

No More Heroes creator Goichi Suda is looking to team up with Suicide Club director Sion Sono for a movie adaptation.

Suda, more commonly known as Suda 51, revealed in a recent interview that he sat down to dinner with Sono, whose work Suda said he is a fan of. "I told him how much he inspired me with his movies," Suda said. Sono, Suda said, responded in kind, and at that dinner he offered Suda a chance to make a game adaptation of his next film.

What film will that be? In all likelihood, the game will be an adaptation of <a href=http://twitchfilm.net/news/2010/02/efm-2010-sion-sonos-next-is-serial-killer-thriller-cold-fish.php>Cold Fish, billed as a true-life serial killer story.

Suda 51 and Sion Sono are both known for works well off the beaten path, as well as ones that appeal to the otaku crowd. Suda pretty obviously cares about the source material, so this should at the very least be an interesting gaming adaptation of a film.

Source: <a href=http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/03/suda-51-sion-sono/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Gamelife+%28Blog+-+Game|Life%29>Wired

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Hmm... Bloody Rain: The Grasshopper Killer? I dunno. It does sound pretty cool already. But wasn't killer7 kind of a game about a serial killer?

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
buy teh haloz said:
Hmm... Bloody Rain: The Grasshopper Killer? I dunno. It does sound pretty cool already. But wasn't killer7 kind of a game about a serial killer?
Don't forget how many people Travis killed in NoH1+2!

Yeah, but I can bet the following about any game he makes:

Cool concept, flawed execution. Well, NoH2 was a sequel, so it fixed the execution part.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
I love No MOre heroes...so i can bet this movie-game should just as epic and fantastical and maybe will add in some jiggly breasts.

Vet2501

Mighty Morphin' Power Ranger
Nov 9, 2009
Sounds good, I can't think of anyone more qualified to make a game about a serial killer than Suda 51. I loved No More Heros.

FinalGamer

Mar 8, 2009
Ohhhhhh damn.

Well, Manhunt didn't do so well so I hope Suda knows what NOT to do, whatever it was.

SUPA FRANKY

Aug 18, 2009
Anything Suda 51 touches will be pure gold. No matter what any critic says in the entire universe. Simply put, Day 1...if I can, Day 0.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
I've always thought that a seriel killer game could be highly entertaining if done correctly. Admittedly though my thoughts on the idea ran more towards a homage to ultra-violent 80s horror movies than the off beat style of these guys.

Should be interesting though.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Isn't No More Heroes already about a serial killer anyway?

I mean, Travis kills the ranked assassins in cold-blood, and all his victims have a connection to each other. Isn't that serial killerish?

AboveUp

May 21, 2008
Hubilub said:

I mean, Travis kills the ranked assassins in cold-blood, and all his victims have a connection to each other. Isn't that serial killerish?
That's pretty much what I was thinking. Plus he's a loner with no real connection to society. Sounds like proper serial killer material to me.

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
Dear god, Jisatsu Circle was a creepy-assed movie, and Suda 51 is hooking up with the director?!

This game will be wrong, I just know it.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Now this could be intresting...at the very least its going to hopefully share the dark humour No More Heroes did lol

hansari

May 31, 2009
Jaredin said:
Now this could be intresting...at the very least its going to hopefully share the dark humour No More Heroes did lol
I thought so too...but then I realized, this is probably gonna be just like the Hitman series...

sephiroth1991

Dec 3, 2009
buy teh haloz said:
Remove the 'Bloody Rain' part and it has me sold

xDHxD148L0

The Dissapointed Gamer
Apr 16, 2009
A game about a serial killer...I could get behind that. I'm still waiting to see if Viceral games is going to make that Jack the Ripper game.

Kilo24

Aug 20, 2008
Hubilub said:

Isn't pretty much every game with combat already about a serial killer? I mean, most protagonists in games end up slaughtering far more than any real serial killer just because they're in the way of the "level goal", or they are looking for a mystical substance called experience points...

The major difference here is that the storyline/other characters will treat the protagonist as such, which I'm not too enthused of after seeing Manhunt and Chronicles of Riddick. But, Suda 51's style is a much more interesting, satirical one than the standard musclebound tough guys of gaming normally possess, so I'd guess that it'd be more noteworthy than those.