Buy God of War III Ultimate Edition for Charity

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Buy God of War III Ultimate Edition for Charity

Don't have God of War III yet but want the snazzy Ultimate Edition? Why not buy one on eBay and support medical research at the same time?

There's a ton of cool stuff in the God of War III Ultimate Edition: A full artbook, a gorgeous replica of the in-game Pandora's Box, some exclusive DLC - basically, it's got The Works (TM). Unfortunately, it's sold out pretty much everywhere, but that's what you get for not preordering, eh?

However, if you want to try and get your hands on this awesome uber-limited edition and support a good cause at the same time, there's PlayStation Lifestyle [http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220575736817#ht_1094wt_1165]. Not only does this version of the Ultimate Edition come with all the standard bells and whistles, it also includes a nifty rarity: A poster signed by members of the development team, including big boss Stig Asmussen.

The best part is that all the proceeds from this auction will go to Neurofibromatosis, Inc [http://www.nfincne.org/default.asp], a charity whose purpose is "to find a treatment and the cure for neurofibromatosis by promoting scientific research, creating awareness, and supporting those who are affected by NF." So, whoever wins this awesome special edition gets to know that not only do they have a one-of-a-kind God of War collectible, they're giving to a good cause as well. It's really a win-win situation here.

At the moment, bidding sits at $152.51 with 9 bids, but there are six and a half days left to go - so who knows how high it'll get before the end? If you've got some cash burning a hole in your pocket and haven't picked up the stellar GoW3, though, you could do a hell of a lot worse.

(Via Sony PlayStation Twitter [http://twitter.com/SonyPlayStation/statuses/10939010535])

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Damn, no shipping outside of the US. I never understand why people do that on eBay, if a buyer is willing to pay for shipping to their country, what's the problem?

Edit: Still bid on it though. I could always get it shipped to my cousin's apartment if I do actually win.

presidentjlh

Feb 10, 2010
Just more proof that gamers are sociopathic misanthropes, lol.

I don't have the money to buy a $10 game, let alone bid on this game, but I hope they get a pretty penny for it to give to the fight against NF.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Well, goes to prove that even big companies can do good.

I would bid on it but...I dont have that kind of cash spare. Nice idea though

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I can see the God of War 3 ads now: Gouge out Poseidon's eyes for charity.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Oh now see, this is a good reason to have a Special Edition. Money from the SE goes to charity.

That's nice.