Bringing Up Baby the LocoRoco Way

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Bringing Up Baby the LocoRoco Way

Here's one of the cutest nursery paint jobs you're ever going to see: A full-blown LocoRoco room painted by a professional set designer.

Ah, Mach Kobayashi [http://www.amazon.com/LocoRoco-Sony-PSP/dp/B000G7BPOC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278961291&sr=1-1] and his wife Tracy. So when their friend Asaki Oda offered to paint the nursery for the baby they were bringing home from India, they knew what had to be done. Because Oda isn't just a pal with a brush and some free time: She's a professional set designer for theaters and clothing stores.

While the parents were off to India for a month to pick up Dyson, their baby, Oka and four other friends went to work. The results speak for themselves [http://www.machwerx.com/2010/03/24/loco-roco-nursery/]: A LocoRoco room that looks like it was lifted straight out of the game. Lots of nurseries have fancy paint jobs, but very few can bring the pwnage like this one. Will Dyson grow up to like LocoRoco as much as his parents do? I think the safe bet is yes.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
Locoroco is kind of the perfect game for this; colourful squishy characters all with innocent looks upon there two dimensional faces.

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
Holy crap. I wish my parents were this awesome.

I'm going to do something awesome for my kid's nursery... perhaps... Okami!

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
Now that's just awesome and just what is good for a baby, bright colors and an overall eye-pleasing environment. All they need now is LocoRoco plushies for Dyson to play with

Aerodynamic

Feb 23, 2009
If my parents made me a room like that when I was young I would have been the happiest boy on the planet.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Good thing they didn't do a Noby Noby Boy paint job.

That would've seriously screwed the kid up.

Axle_Bullitt_19

May 29, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
I want to see a Patapon room next!

Nice! Perfect for babies, too.
Yeah I can definatly see Patapon as being the next logical step for when he gets to be a little older, and just imagine where it could go from there.(I think SotC would be awesome)

I just hope they don't move from that house, or at least if they do sell it to someone who will appreciate the the work.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I can totally imagine them playing this in the background to help the baby sleep;

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I want to have a son named Luke and paint his room with characters from the Curious Village...

Honestly they couldn't have picked a better game to do this with. What an awesome idea.

Nov 5, 2007
Awwwwwwww, that's so cute. I need to befriend artists if I ever get kids so they can paint the nursery with something cool like this.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Here's a thought - will little Dyson, once old enough to play the game, make the connection that his room was based on a game, or will he assume that the game was based on his room? If the latter, that would be a rather depressing case of reality crashing in on a little kid once someone explains it.:/

Ocelano

Apr 14, 2009
Love the loco roco game the cute pictures and nice soundtrack and being a genuinely enjoyable game to play, no complex button combinations wth every key having a srange and oftentimes confusing functions just 5 commands tilt world left, tilt world right, bounce world, hit with lightning, regroup.

And it still managed a decent plot twist in spite of having pretty much no plot.

I am aware that this game is probably labeled as a casual game but that doesn't mean it's bad.What it is is just plain simple fun

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
You can never be too old for Locoroco! Which reminds me, it's about time I got new curtains. Hmmm...