Stolen Pixels #181: The Prognosticationater

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Stolen Pixels #181: The Prognosticationater

Bold predictions for the future of gaming.

Read Full Article

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
I have one!

"Sony will continue to claim that the PS3 only does everything.

It will be launched into space, learn to communicate with every species on the planet, cook dinner, do your homework, and many more things.

It will be able to do anything.

Except backwards compatibility"

defult

Oct 12, 2009
Mircosoft will announce they are happy the xbox 720 now will last 2 years before its RSOD(red square of death) comes on and you have to buy a new one.

Edit: also blue ray will be coming soon tm

ma55ter_fett

Oct 6, 2009
It is all true, but you forgot;

April 21 2011
Due to the fact that swtor was such a sucess, wow is now only played by two internet perverts and a whinny ass ally gnome.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
I have one.

By 2014, Duke Nukem Forever will be back in development, to the mocking laughter of the entirety of the gaming community.

Sjakie

Feb 17, 2010
I have one:

In December 2016 the steam servers crashed, losing the accounts of roughly 9 million gamers. After news hit of this immense loss of data, teen suicides rose to new highs.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
lmao, the episode 3 joke made me giggle...because its prolly true...

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Hubilub said:
I have one!

It will be launched into space, learn to communicate with every species on the planet, cook dinner, do your homework, and many more things.

Then how about...

FORWARDS COMPATIBILITY!

Dun-Dun-DUUNNN!

My prediction: "In the year 2016, as players got completely sick of brown-and-gray cover-shooter realism, the videogame industry has entered a nosedive. All major developers and publishers say they are doing everything in their power to prevent another 1983-like crash, but pretty much everyone agrees that FPS market is dead for at least a couple of years.

According to eyewitnesses, Ratchet and Clank were spotted near the 'crash site' of industry laughing their asses off."

Galad

Nov 4, 2009
I laughed like a stupid idiot for a minute at the War 3 expansion title as well as the last panel. Thank You, Shamus! :D

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
HG131 said:
Hubilub said:
I have one!

I'm still waiting for someone to try to use it as a life saving device or the cure to cancer, fail, and sue. That slogan is asking for it. Also, are you going to make one with Breen about his VA dying?
Then all Sony has to say in its defense is

"The Playstation 3 does everything... including not obeying you"

MortisLegio

Nov 5, 2008
2015 Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sony all join together to create the ultimate console*

Console fanboys have nothing left to do but shut up

*I dont count PC as a console

Blackbird71

May 22, 2009
HG131 said:
Also, are you going to make one with Breen about his VA dying?
Apparently, you missed it: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/stolen-pixels/7338-Stolen-Pixels-180-Now-Leaving-City-17

Warstratigier

Mar 28, 2009
rofl...some things should never be revealed....lest you be overrun by an angry mob wielding computer screens/consoles