Will Wright Working on a TV Show

Austin MacKenzie

Jan 26, 2010
Will Wright Working on a TV Show

The Sims creator is making a TV show, and he wants your help.

Called Creation Project, the show is a collaboration between Wright and the former president of Spike TV and Nickelodeon Albie Hecht, who will serve as the project's producer. Its premise will be the creation of a TV show. That's right: Will Wright is making a TV show about making a TV show. Fans will be able to submit ideas via text message or email which will be voted on by other fans, the ones receiving the most votes will be created as two thirty-minute episodes.

Additionally proposed is the "StoryMaker Engine," allowing fans to upload their own storyboards through the use of images, either pre-existing or that they upload themselves. The show seems to rely heavily on user content, so it'll be interesting to see what they can come up with. Currently, the show is in early development, so some of these aspects are likely to change. Initial word has it slated for release later this year, but that has yet to be officially announced.

Source: <a href=http://tv.ign.com/articles/108/1080030p1.html>IGN

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
Hmm. An episode set in a parallel universe where Spore is actually a good game? I'll start working on a storyboard.

MR T3D

Feb 21, 2009
dammit, i misread it as will wheaton at first.

that'd be dope.

this show doesn't look interesting to me though, and i doubt it'll work.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
Season 2: Will Wright makes a show about making a show, that is making a show!

chickenlord

May 14, 2008
its a kool idea, look at how many people watch America stupid idol still...if we could take away some of the ratings from that maybe it'll get canceled in the next decade or so! Now by make your own story boards... could i make a story board about dinosaurs vs spaceships and can i expect a CGI spectacular? with amazing effects and stuff? or is it just gunna be drama =/ and boring shit like that...

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Uh, am I the only one who thinks the premise sounds like rubbish? Unless it's a comedy, in which case it might work, as long as, you know, it's actually funny.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Intresting concept. Im curious to see how it will end up...as long as its not a bad reality TV show...