Question of the Day, March 31, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, March 31, 2010

That odd genie is back, and he's going to grant you one power that you will have in every game you play. Which do you choose? (Note: It only works in games, not real life.)

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
I want to be able to fly Dragon Ball Z style all over the world!

Seriously, just flying around in Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3 was one of the funnest parts of that game

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
May as well go for Infinite ammo.
Invincibility would make it boring, eventually.
And as for fast travel: "The story is about the journey, not the ending"
Where has the journey gone with fast travel?

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
Fast travel or The ability to grab a med pack and recover from a 500 Meter fall.

and fast travel for the fact i cant afford car insurence.

A Raging Emo

Apr 14, 2009
I'd say Invincibility, as that, being a Medic on Bad Company 2 most often, would allow me to reach targets without worry.

Archereus

Aug 18, 2008
My choice is to have to bullets that send the people that it hits off of the gaming map. That would definitely be so much fun.

Magnatek

A Miserable Pile of Honesty
Jul 17, 2009
Well, the way I see it, fast travel does nothing to slow down the actual time that passes ingame. For instance, in Oblivion, even if you fast travel, the time it would take to go there without it would still go past. So, I'd take it one step further and choose warp travel. Instantaneous travel, and you'd still have enough time to enjoy your destination.

Maxman3002

Steampunked
Jul 25, 2009
I choose the ability to kill any NPC I want. Games that have it and work are among some of the most fun games ive played and those that dont have it I find myself really wanting to kill that annoying little jerk whose always asking for annoying quests or making snide comments. Or the innocent looking kid just to get him out of my way

Fallout 3 would be greatly improved if I could kill those kids

Pilkingtube

Edible
Mar 24, 2010
I've gone for other, Ressurection, totally. I'm thinking maybe I could ressurect one army in Red Alert over and over? That and its just a generally cool ability that I think would improve any game, like in games where you have the avenge the death of a guy, why not just Ressurect him and have him tell you who did it?

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
The power of using Valves console commands.

I am god dammit. Infinite ammo, unbreakable health, any weapon I want and to spawn any item I wish.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
infinite ammo.Why be invincible when no one can get close to me and my infinite bullet raining over them.

Sleekgiant

Redlin5 made my title :c
Jan 21, 2010
I'm nice and boring so I will say invincibility, who needs bullets when you can walk up on the guy

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
The ability to turn everyone into chickens.
Just because, really. Plus I'd then get to kick them everywhere like in Fable 2.

KimberlyGoreHound

Mar 17, 2010
Infinite Ammo, Invincibility and Fast Travel would make many games just way too easy or boring. Turning people into chickens would get boring after a while. Therefore, I choose killing any NPC. If I were able to turn the power on and off, I'd choose Infinite Ammo, but if it were to follow me everywhere, any game, all the time, that would ruin games for me.

Flionk

Nov 5, 2007
Well, those first two choices just reduce the challenge of the games, and they'd get really boring after a while; fast travel would be nice at times, but I personally like exploring game worlds to a degree, and gradually discovering each new area is part of the fun; and the last two would be fun for a while but, again, they'd get dull pretty quickly. So I'd wish for the ability to replace the player character of any game with a catgirl. Because I always pick the catgirl whenever it's an option.

dannymc18

Dec 15, 2009
Fast Travel without a doubt - everything else can be gained by improving your skills or dropping a difficulty level, whereas walking across maps is a ***** no matter what.

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
Hmmmm... this is truly a tough choice.... I'd have to say infinite ammo, though, because it would do wonders in every multiplayer game I play.