Voice of Solid Snake to Direct Movie

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Voice of Solid Snake to Direct Movie

David Hayter, the voice of Solid Snake in the Metal Gear Solid games, is set to make his directorial debut later this year.

Gamers likely know David Hayter from his performances in the Metal Gear games as the gruff voiced Solid Snake, but they might not be aware that Hayter also has worked in movies for years. His credits include the first two Watchmen [http://www.amazon.com/X-Men-Trilogy-X2-United-Stand/dp/B000HEVZ9E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1278952415&sr=1-1], and now he's getting behind the camera with a new movie called Wolves.

Hayter has been trying to make his directorial debut for years, but with projects getting cancelled or handed off to other directors, it's only now that he's getting his chance.

Described by Hayter as "Twilight with a bit more bite to it, and without abstinence," Wolves has a budget of around $18 million, will apparently deconstruct much of the mythology that comes with werewolves, and is set to start filming in July. This will be the second attempt to make Wolves, as the original deal fell through during the credit crunch.

Source: 1up [http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3178558]

laryri

May 19, 2008
He needs to make a cameo appearance, Snake voice and all, in the movie.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Logan Westbrook said:
David Hayter, the voice of Solid Snake in the Metal Gear Solid games, is set to make his directorial debut later this year.
Set to make his directorial debut later this year?!

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
I think... mid-way through, there should be a werewolf that snaps someone's neck. Or one that is cripplingly old yet is more awesome than anyone.

Calumon: I think you should Direct a movie callled "Digimons" Jack.

Apr 28, 2008
huh, well good luck to him.

And please don't make the werewolves shirtless, perfectly sculpted teenagers. Please don't do that.

OptimalPrime

Feb 27, 2010
Irridium said:
And please don't make the werewolves shirtless, perfectly sculpted teenagers. Please don't do that.
Somebody is jealoussss. haha jk

good luck to him, hope he doesnt fuck it up

Apr 28, 2008
LunaticFringe said:
Irridium said:
huh, well good luck to him.

What if they're shirtless, perfectly sculpted teenagers who rip people's throats out? That would just be amusing enough with all those twilight fangirls going in to see it because of the shirtless guys.

Twilight Fangirl: "Oh he's so hot OH MY GOD WHAT IS HE DOING TO THAT PREACHER'S FACE."
Actually thats a good point.

David, if your going to do what I said, at least try to scar as many Twilight fanboys/girls as possible.

That will make me happy.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
laryri said:
He needs to make a cameo appearance, Snake voice and all, in the movie.
That would be soo cool if he did

I wish him luck. I am sure he will do great work with it! Just gtta keep true to yourself

MrMisfit

Apr 8, 2008
PayJ567 said:
This should be interesting.

Dvd extras can be him directing in snakes voice. I want to see that sort of thing.

Or the commentary in snakes voice...

Look just throw in some snake voice and I'll be happy.
Same here. Good luck to him.

Mr. Gency

Jan 26, 2010
PayJ567 said:
This should be interesting.

Dvd extras can be him directing in snakes voice. I want to see that sort of thing.

Or the commentary in snakes voice...

Look just throw in some snake voice and I'll be happy.
Agreed. Hell I'd watch the real Twilight if it had Snake's voice.

I can see it now..
Edward: "I like to watch you sleep."
Bella: "That's cute."
Edward: "Okay!"

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
*Ahem* Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

*Ahem* That was the sound of my soul squealing in happiness.

I will see this movie. And it will be good. Metal gear.

Spacewolf

May 21, 2008
so deconstructed as there making them more human or deconstucted as in turning the back into killing machines after twilight had a shot at them?

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
No offense, but I don't see the correlation between good voice actor and director. That's not to say he wont do a good job, I just don't think you get a lot of directorial experience in the voice acting circuit.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Well this should be cool.

I like his writing and it'll be interesting to see what he can do as director.