Sam Fisher Plus Johnny Cash Equals Epic Splinter Cell Trailer

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Sam Fisher Plus Johnny Cash Equals Epic Splinter Cell Trailer

Sam Fisher is a man on a quest for vengeance. He is a man who is shooting up the White House. And he is doing this all set to the weary voice of Johnny Cash, and it is awesome.

[g4tv=45044]

Sam Fisher, rogue agent formerly of the secret US Black Ops division Third Echelon, is a man on the warpath. He will stop at nothing to find out who is really responsible for the death of his daughter, and he's convinced that it was someone involved with his ex-employer. So, Sam Fisher is going to take on the U.S. government - and judging by what we see in this launch trailer, he's going to be taking his fight to the very top.

The game itself looks great, and the combat we see in the trailer is jaw-achingly brutal, and literally made me wince at parts. But what really makes this trailer work so well is the soulful, tired strains of Johnny Cash's "God's Gonna Cut You Down" (also known as "Run On"). I don't know about God cutting anyone down, but Sam Fisher is sure as hell making up for it.

It's like I've always said: More games need to utilize the late Mr. Cash. Well, okay, I haven't always said it, but I sure as hell am saying it now.

Incidentally, a game developed and published by a French company depicting an assassin assaulting the White House? Yeah, that's going to go over real well.

(G4TV [http://g4tv.com/videos/45044/Splinter-Cell-Conviction-Launch-Trailer/])

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Christ! Flagpole through the arm!

But still, that was pretty awesome. Not sure if I'll get it though, the demo failed to win me over.

SaintWaldo

Interzone Vagabond
Jun 10, 2008
John Funk said:
Incidentally, a game developed and published by a French company depicting an assassin assaulting the White House? Yeah, that's going to go over real well.
The cognitive dissonance among the Lipton-Product-Packaging crowd if they figure out they are on the Quebecois "side" will be fun to witness.

Jul 9, 2008
That looks good. I was unsure about this game, but the demo won me over. Still doesn't seem to be a real Splinter Cell game to me, but it's still fun as hell.

Kingemoney

Dec 5, 2009
I'll admit-that video was awesome. I've been completely avoiding any of the media for this game, mainly because I try to avoid hyping myself up on anything I play, but that looks great.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
orannis62 said:
That looks good. I was unsure about this game, but the demo won me over. Still doesn't seem to be a real Splinter Cell game to me, but it's still fun as hell.
Yeah, I havnt felt like that for a long time about the games...

However, willing to give it a try...also lol at the music, love it

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
That.
Was.
Awesome.

I've been waiting for this game for a while, now I'm even more excited.

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
"Two just aint gonna be enough"

Most EPIC line ever, this game looks sick.

Rathy

Aug 21, 2008
Best trailer I've seen in a while. More games obviously need to use Johny Cash to attempt to sell games.

almostgold

Dec 1, 2009
I love that song. Perfect song for a trailer.

Sigh. They just don't make signers like that anymore. Sucks that I missed the Outlaw-stage of country music.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
DAMN just WHY did my 360 had to die!!! This is just so incredibly kick-ass, and now I can't play it! That's just GREAT!

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
Now that does look cool.

I was really getting into this game and they cut it's release date again, so I meh'd it, then I tried the demo and it won me back again.

almostgold

Dec 1, 2009
Just found this fan-made trailer with the whole song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evrR5yNNc2I

Maybe even better than the original?

Mr. Gency

Jan 26, 2010
This is what Batman: Arkham Asylum would be like if Batman developed a thrust for blood.

LTK_70

Aug 28, 2009
Mr. Gency said:
This is what Batman: Arkham Asylum would be like if Batman developed a thrust for blood.
A thrust... for blood? How does that work?

Javex

Mar 15, 2010
I've noticed Ubisoft is using more licensed music in its game trailers and the result is excellent. Justice by Genesis in one of the Assassin's Creed 2 trailers and now this. This game will rock!

CezarIgnat

Jul 5, 2009
Amazing trailer and I hope an amazing game :D. Too bad Ubisoft is publishing it...with their stupid DRM.