Question of the Day, April 2, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, April 2, 2010

Are you looking forward to Rockstar's upcoming western, Red Dead Redemption?

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
Poll needs a "I'll get it if I have spare cash" option.

I voted definitely anyway, looks pretty good considering I don't really like wild west type things (With a few exceptions).

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Very much so.

I loved Red Dead Revolver, and the streamlined environments look like a much needed improvement.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Never played Red Dead Revolver, but I loved Gun.

But still, not interested in this, seeing as I never played the first.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
I still have doubts about it. It looks great and I'd like a western shooter, but it's too soon to tell how it will turn out. I'd say a hesitant thumbs-up for me.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
I probably won't buy it new... sorry Rockstar, I know it's not even slated to make a profit, but I got bills to pay. If it's good I might get DLC for it if it's released.. how's that?

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
Yeah, it looks fantastic. GTA in the Wild West? I'm down with that. Too bad it most likely will not see the light of day on the PC, or it it does, it'll be a sad port like GTA IV.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Hell yeah!
I think I have some sort of hidden lust for the wild west, I'm really looking forward to it.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Never played a "Red Dead" game before, so this may be a first for me if it's available for PS3

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Read dead revolver was a fantastic game, with a great Wild West atmosphere. I hope they keep the cool loading screens and theme music from the first one.

ZeroDotZero

Sep 18, 2009
Yeah, my cousin has been working on it, so I'm looking forward to it!

I'll get it for Christmas, I suppose, I'm bogged down with such heavy releases as God of War Trilogy, Modnation Racers and 3D Dot Game Heroes to get it sooner.

darth jacen

Sith Reviewer
Jul 15, 2009
Not really looking forward to it, though at some point I may pick it up if I have some spare change laying around somewhere

CovertCell

Nov 4, 2009
Looks good but haven't really been following it. Might get it during the summer if there are't many games coming out.

AboveUp

May 21, 2008
I'm really interested in this one. There aren't enough western games, despite the setting being perfect for gaming.

Now all we need is another Sunset Riders...

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Looks very interesting. It's up there with Fallout: New Vegas, Mario Galaxy 2 and Portal 2 as one of the games I'm most excited for this year.

Never played Red Dead Revolver, but then again it doesn't look like I need to. Even if the two games are connected the pieces of the puzzle are all present in this game anyway; Dude was a bad guy, dude gets wife and goes good, dudes wife is captured and he must hunt down old mate, shit goes down.

I really need to watch some old westerns in preparation.