Jack Thompson Goes After Department of Defense

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Jack Thompson Goes After Department of Defense

Jack Thompson has issued a press release suggesting the U.S. Department of Defense is involved in an "unholy alliance" with the gaming industry, with the aim of turning kids into violent, remorseless killers.

According to a report by CounterStrike [http://gamepolitics.com/2007/12/27/jack-thompson-has-defense-department-in-his-sights/]."

"What is increasingly clear is that the unholy alliance between the game industry and the DOD is teaching an an [sic] entire generation of kids that war is glamorous, cool, desirable, and consequence-free," Thompson said in his press release. "Believe it or not, there is actually a formal working relationship between the [DoD] and the game industry at the University of Southern California [http://ict.usc.edu/]. U.S. Senator James Inhofe of Oklahoma is its most unabashed and enthusiastic supporter."

The best-known example of the U.S. military's foray into videogaming is serious game [http://www.americasarmy.com/]training tool for the military.

SatansBestBuddy

Sep 7, 2007
Okay, now it's getting ridiculous. An elaborate conspiracy between videogames and the military to convert the children of the country into cold-blooded killers? Do I even need to bother with pointing out everything that's wrong with this?

Honestly, has he hit rock bottom yet? I can't tell, cause every time I think he does, he grabs a shovel and digs furiously as if getting even further can somehow net him a buried treasure.

If trying to sue the government doesn't get him discredited and dismissed, I don't know what will.

WNxSajuukCor

Oct 31, 2007
I wondered when he would resurface after having his court cases thrown out on him. Blind preaching won't net him any medals that's for sure since everything can't be a conspiracy in the world.

hbomb

Dec 3, 2007
It's just like Jack, all he's trying to do is prove that EVERYONE's corrupt except him. The whike thing falls down when people realise he's paranoid, debunk the case, then get added into the accusations for being members of an "unholy alliance". The only person under an unholy alliance in this argument is Jack Thompson. Anyone who thinks otherwise is Jack Thompson.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Haha. Imagine if Jacky boy actually won. The army is forced to disband and give up all their arms. Then the invasions begin from nearly every other country that wants to take over America. I really hope he does win. That'll make one for the news.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
TheNecroswanson said:
PurpleRain said:
Haha. Imagine if Jacky boy actually won. The army is forced to disband and give up all their arms. Then the invasions begin from nearly every other country that wants to take over America. I really hope he does win. That'll make one for the news.
That'll also make it the third sign of the apocolypse. The first being that Uwe Bowle won't quit, the second being the singer from led Zepplin making a country album.. It happened, I kid you not.

Hmmm.. Jack thompson blames son's homosexuality on video games, more at 11....
Ah the machinations of a genius.
haha. Maybe as a child, all his friends played video games, but he was never allowed to come over and see them. Or maybe his uncle touched him. I'll go for the second one.

Girlysprite

Nov 9, 2007
Just don't take him seriously. He doesn't even represent the 'normal' 'would games be voilent' people. I bet they groan as much about him as we do.
He makes a fine village idiot though :) You know, someone no one takes serious and we all know that we can have a laugh about.

Niccolo

Dec 15, 2007
Girlysprite said:
Just don't take him seriously. He doesn't even represent the 'normal' 'would games be voilent' people. I bet they groan as much about him as we do.
He makes a fine village idiot though :) You know, someone no one takes serious and we all know that we can have a laugh about.
Maybe we should get him imported here to Aussie-land. My city doesn't have an idiot yet.
His policy seems to be that since he was probably viciously raped as a child by a game of Tetris and felt like hitting something, that everyone else must be the same. When's he gonna realise that the horse is dead?

hickwarrior

a samurai... devil summoner?
Nov 7, 2007
Because keeping the horse's jittering and juttering must give a sign of life, or something.

but honestly, we just need to look at the article we already point out what's wrong. Maybe the judges keep him for humour.

hickwarrior

a samurai... devil summoner?
Nov 7, 2007
maybe it was a case being put down, instead of him being an actual lawyer? Which is a joke btw.

Moe The Bus Driver

Nov 24, 2007
Joe McCarthy did it better. I have to admit, I do wonder who will be this era's Joseph Welch and finally ask the immortal words 'Have you left no sense of decency?'.

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
Wow, who would have thought the millitary is working with the videogames industrie to make people kill each other?

Oh I know; sane people. How can anyone take games seriously when nut-jobs say therethe devil?