Restaurant Has Robot Samurai Waiters

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Restaurant Has Robot Samurai Waiters

A Japanese restaurant in Thailand has replaced traditional servers with dancing samurai robots.

The Hajime restaurant in Bangkok became significantly more notable when it introduced samurai robots in place of servers. Customers can order food on a touchpad, and one of the four robots, which run back and forth on a track, will deliver your food to your table, and bust out some slick dance moves if there is no one else to serve.

The robot servers are the result of cash injection of an investment of nearly a million dollars, and while they're a little goofy looking, that actually gives them an endearing quality, like Johnny 5 at a costume party.

Of course, this is clearly just another move by the robots and their organic collaborators to prepare for the revolution, but as long as we're ready for it, we might as well, enjoy it for now.

Source: Engadget [http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/04/robot-waiters-serve-food-and-dance-moves-in-thailand-secretly-p/]

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
*makes reservations*

If a customer gets unruly, does it chop off their head?

It's bad that this takes up a few jobs from working men/women, but people suck. Samurai robots do not suck.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Ok, that is pretty bad ass, but then again I just watched a Scooby Doo movie this morning with ninja robots and I'm a little paranoid right now...

dark_taint92

That's Cap'n Taint to you
Jan 26, 2009
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
The robots are taking over already run for your lives. [/paranoid rant]
OT: They look pretty cool, I wouldn't mind being served by them as long as they dont have the swords out.
I wonder if they've malfunctioned yet and killed any one?

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Furburt said:
Ooh, the waiters unions'll be up in arms about this one!

Still, I can imagine a pretty good gore/horror film being made about a story of them malfunctioning and hunting down customers.
...you might want to go ahead and claim rights on that idea.
:p

OT:...i want one.....

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
I can see the humans getting their knickers in a twist here..but come on that's just awesome. Maybe now my order will get to me faster.

Murlin

I came here to laugh at you
Jul 15, 2009
I dunno, I'm probably just being old-school here but I'd prefer if there was at least one person faking happiness to serve my bidding
Speaking of serve: How long before they open the first robot maid cafés? We already had the robot teacher so...

Skops

Mar 9, 2010
Kajin said:
"They took our jobs!"
DURK A DURRR!!

This isn't good! What if they go insane and star cutting us up? WE DON'T HAVE MEGA MAN YET

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
Of course, this is clearly just another move by the robots and their organic collaborators to prepare for the revolution, but as long as we're ready for it, we might as well, enjoy it for now.
...the scary thing is, whilst I was watching that a Google link came up at the bottom of the video trying to get me to search for "Automated Interrogators".