Editor's Note: Zerg Rush

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Zerg Rush

This week's issue of The Escapist is entirely devoted to Blizzard's groundbreaking RTS, StarCraft.

Read Full Article

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
Well, to me, SC's custom games hold one of the most open-ended, DIY multiplayer platform out there :)

Caiti Voltaire

Feb 10, 2010
Aptspire said:
Well, to me, SC's custom games hold one of the most open-ended, DIY multiplayer platform out there :)
It really is kind of mind-boggling the variety of custom games for StarCraft.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Nice call, I really don't mind either way, I'm not a fan of Starcraft, but it certainly changed my view on strategy games and in some ways, changed my view on life itself. My cousin (the one person who dragged me to the universe of Starcraft back in 2000) still plays it to this very day, and he still plays it very heavily and I mean like 8 to 10 hours a week (if not a day). I still play it from time to time just for fun, but I was never THAT into that game. Also I've heard from word of mouth the life of a couple of competitors (who happen to be my best friends). So, in some way or another, like it or not, Starcraft has been a big (if not HUGE) part of my life as a gamer and a person. I'm looking forward to reading every single article about this "Zerg Rush" topic. Again, nice call and kudos for the magazine, it just keeps getting better and better.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
I think I must be one of the only people in the world who didn't like Starcraft... man am I going to feel out of the loop for the next couple of months.

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
Dear Russ: If you had the chance, would you rewrite the article and include Star Craft?

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
PedroSteckecilo said:
I think I must be one of the only people in the world who didn't like Starcraft... man am I going to feel out of the loop for the next couple of months.
I don't dislike it, but I don't care about it, personally. Just not my thing.

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Rainboq said:
Dear Russ: If you had the chance, would you rewrite the article and include Star Craft?
No. I stand behind my original decision. I would have had to leave out some really good stuff to cover StarCraft in that article.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
I forgives you, Russ, for not mentioning Starcraft before. Everything else mentioned has as strong of relevance and, as you mentioned above, some would have been left out.
Here's hoping their Secret Sauce still holds strong.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Never played SC, but I do enjoy some RTS games such as Halo Wars and Warcraft. I'm not familliar with the Zerg, but I'm all too well known with the Warthog rush that has killed me on more then one occasion.

Koganesaga

Feb 11, 2010
Puss Pitts: "...And stop e-mailing me. It was over four years ago. Get over it."

Holy shit, people hold some kind of ungodly grudges, but you could suppose true shut-ins have nothing better to do with their time.