Disney/Pixar Robot Film To Become Videogame: THQ

Junaid Alam

Apr 10, 2007
Disney/Pixar Robot Film To Become Videogame: THQ

An upcoming Disney/Pixar film centered on the adventures of two robots will be turned into a videogame, publisher THQ has announced.

WALL/E billed as a romantic, futuristic, interstellar robot story, is due out in June 2008.

THQ's role in producing a game based on the film is rooted in a 2004 agreement that gives the publisher rights to four new properties, including this one and Ratatouille.

THQ studio Heavy Iron Studios will take the lead on the game. While no release date has been specified, the game is expected to be released concurrently with the film.

Players will take control of the film's two main characters, robots that fall in love, amid heaps of garbage left behind by consumer-driven humans.

The game will be available for all formats: consoles, hand-helds, the PC, Mac and even wireless devices.

Source: Gamesindustry.biz [http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=31833]

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
I'm not surprised. But at least these games go unnoticed instead of sucking to a noticable acclaim, like the 5th Element or *Shudder* ET.

Disgustor

Jan 2, 2008
Damn it, Wall-E is their best concept to date. Why, then, are the rights being thrown at THQ again? I wish a studio with better acclaim was granted the licensing... imagine WALL-E retold by - I don't know - Criterion, Square Enix, Bungie or somebody with consistent acclaim.

bkd69

Nov 23, 2007
Y'know, these pr postings would be much more entertaining if you guys tacked on a 'probability of suckage' handicap.

Well at least the game of that Dungeon Siege isn't likely to suck. But then, one never knows, does one.