Question of the Day, April 14, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, April 14, 2010

The trailer for Gears of War 3 reveals that one of your comrades in arms is, in fact, female. Does this impact the game's appeal for you at all?

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
It doesn't matter.

Dom's beard is a bigger reason.

Finally, I can shoot guys as a steroid pumped hobo!

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Nope. Still just a game. May make it more interesting, as we will see how the other characters react.
But really, she is just a new character. Woo-hoo and all that. More characters = More fun.

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
I'm really not so sure I could be any more indifferent towards gears of bore, but playing as a female in any game hardly makes a difference to me. Gender roles in video games really are not that big of a deal IMO, it's really all about what's relevant to the story.

Valkyira

Mar 13, 2009
There are going to be some people who are put off because there's women in it but to be honest, It's still Gears of War 3... It's still going to kick arse.

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
It shouldn't do. I think it's a good idea as for a world fighting for survival, they would have every-one they can get their hands on who can hold a gun, so it would make sence that there are female gears

DoW Lowen

Exarch
Jan 11, 2009
I will admit one thing. I'm going to have a hard time bringing myself to chainsaw her in multiplayer. Men are meant to explode into bits, women.. I don't know... so soft and squishy.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I wanted it before and I want it now. I think that it's a cool idea and I know that I'm going to play as her.

laryri

May 19, 2008
If it was some other franchise I may have become more interested, but the Gears franchise feels stale to me.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
My feelings about it can be summed up in one word: achievements.

So no, it does not.

revjay

Everybody's dead, Dave.
Nov 19, 2007
Couldn't stand it as a sausage fest, ain't gonna like it with girls. The games just awful and no amount of tits is going to fix that.

leeloodallasmultipass

THE Fifth Element
Mar 23, 2009
the whole of humanity is fighting for survival, i dont see why there wouldnt be females amoungst the soldiers giving it thier all for humanity

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Not at all, especially as they haven't gone for the over-sexualised look. My only main concern is how tea-bagging online may take on a different, twisted light if Anya is a multiplayer character as well.

I like the idea (she does look pretty cool to be fair) but it doesn't affect how I feel about the game, I shall be buying it anyway.

ciortas1 said:
TriggerHappyAngel said:
are there really people who find this a problem? :|
I don't care what anyone says, a woman does not belong in a company of men who can snap her neck with 2 fingers. I'm not sexist, but this whole equality thing or whatever they're shooting for here becomes stupid sometimes.
Humanity has lost about 90% of it's population and no longer has a safe haven, the choice is fight or die, Anya can't have kids and is trained for combat.

Equality has nothing to do with it. It's about showing just how desperate humanity is.

Ringwraith

Absolutely Useless
Jan 15, 2009
It's another character, provided they are given a memorable personality, I don't care about what gender they are.
They also have to get by the problem of a woman doing the same crazy stuff the impossibly burly men are doing and making some sort of sense, or at least not look completely ridiculous.

Though I don't own a 360, I'm sure I'll end up playing through it co-op at some point, and curse wretches on insanity all over again.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
Oh boy...maybe there will be a female Locust other than the Queen or the Berserker to balance the "outrage."
But seriously, I don't care either way, I just to see what will happen next in the Gears universe and wether or not the Lambent Locust will be a factor as well.