You Can Get Freaky With Your Fable III Co-Op Partner

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
You Can Get Freaky With Your Fable III Co-Op Partner

Yes, you read that headline right: Fable III [http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=77941] will allow people playing cooperatively to become "intimate" and conceive a child together.

In some ways, Peter Molyneux is determined to make Fable III much simpler to get into than the first two games. In other ways, he's making it much more complex: According to OXM, you'll be able to knock up (or be knocked up by) the person you're playing the game with.

"The team seems committed to ensuring the [co-op] experience is in no way compromised," says OXM's Mike Channell. "You'll be able to enjoy, ahem, intimate moments with your co-op friend and eventually produce offspring together."

Boy, this just made the game much more awkward. How will this even work? Will you have to wine and dine your partner before you do the deed? If you're playing a female character, do you have to carry the pregnancy to term? Fable III casts us as the King of Albion; does this mean I can't take a roll in the hay with more than one person and father multiple potential heirs to the throne leading to a bloody war of succession?

And if I do this with someone I'm only playing co-op with once - and don't intend to again - is that the Fable III equivalent of the one-night stand? Is GameCrush [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/99350-Gamecrush-Pay-To-Play-With-Gamer-Grills-NSFW] now actually virtual prostitution?

This feature might not even make it in to the final product (we could be looking at another "plant an acorn..." scenario), but I'm honestly not sure whether this makes me more or less likely to pick the game up. Huh.

God, I love Peter Molyneux.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
This will make a Fable MMORPG very awkward.

Glazin said:
Hopefully this will be more then a "black screen with noise"
Knowing PM he'll build it so you can control your character via Natal.

And welcome to the Escapist

Bobkat1252

The Psychotic Psyker
Mar 18, 2008
Wow, Peter may be a little sketchy when it comes to delivering his promises, but the man has no qualms with stepping outside the box, even though this is going to catch a lot of flak. Bravo Mr. Molyneux, bravo!

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Oh Pete, we leave you alone for a few minutes and this is what happens?

Pinstar

Jul 22, 2009
I game all the time with my wife...I'm not sure how that would play out between us.
Bravo for Molyneux for taking the risk, regardless.

Necromancer1991

Apr 9, 2010
More uber-hype, Peter Molyneux is his own worst enemy, he waxes poetic about how "My next game will usher in a new era of humanity",I'm not here to say his games aren't good, just not THAT good

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
This should lead to some awkward conversations.

And I wonder which one gets Custody? I would suppose the Host, but there might be a way to Choose.

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
While this could be good for certain people, I can see it getting rather creepy (You all know the rules of the internet as well as I do).

hannan4mitch

Jan 19, 2010
I think we need to focus on a more dire side affect.
People are going to complain about this, and we all know it.
Sorry to burst everybody's bubble.

Angry Caterpillar

Feb 26, 2010
In some ways, Peter Molyneux is determined to make Fable III much simpler to get into than the first two games.
....Saywhatnow?

I haven't played the first, so I can't speak on that front; but Fable 2 was one of the simplest games I'd played last year. If they dumb it down any more I don't think it would be much fun.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
Why not take the step further? Follow Yahtzee's idea from Fable 2 review, make it so that you can marry your dog ;)

This sounds like someting Fox will pick on though

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Ha, this is pretty... awkward.

I tip my hat to PM for taking a bold risk that could crush the game entirely.

Mr. Mike

Mar 24, 2010
Molyneux is all talk about innovation. Where's the innovation in this? How's this going to improve the overall experience? Please put my fears to rest oh mighty one.