Review: Final Fight: Double Impact

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Review: Final Fight: Double Impact

A blast from the past, and not much else.

Read Full Article

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Taking me back is this...its nice to see it got a release on the networks...if I ever have spare cash I will definetly look into it

Kater101

Mar 19, 2010
I miss thouse old times.
When you have to spend way to many coins on a game and then die to much, and after wurths your broke and not even happy.

Wait i hate those day's.
So why is it worth it to buy this on the network?

heyheysg

Jul 13, 2009
Note that you have to be connected on PSN to be able to play this game. My internet went out for a couple of days and I was stuck with a useless program

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
I had final fight! At the time i didn't realise i was beating up prostitues!

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
coxafloppin said:
You weren't. You were beating up guys. The only girl in that entire game is Cody's Girlfriend. Not kidding.

Although, I guess they could still be prostitutes...

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Mr.Pandah said:
coxafloppin said:
You weren't. You were beating up guys. The only girl in that entire game is Cody's Girlfriend. Not kidding.

I guess they just left it out there to be assumed.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
heyheysg said:
Note that you have to be connected on PSN to be able to play this game. My internet went out for a couple of days and I was stuck with a useless program
I've heard about that for the PS3. No idea why they did that to be honest, but this is not the case for the xbox version.

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
Kater101 said:
I miss thouse old times.
When you have to spend way to many coins on a game and then die to much, and after wurths your broke and not even happy.

Wait i hate those day's.
It would be worth it if there were infinite continues otherwise people, including me, would pay to get two great classic games.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Street of Rage 2 is a much better option on the Xbox 360, and is only 400 points.

Although, the Magic Sword demo part was pretty damn fun.

robinkom

Jan 8, 2009
If you still have an original Xbox, you'd be better off looking for Capcom Classics Collection Vol. 2. At least then you can get Magic Sword with about 20 other games.

"Old-school difficulty" is not a bad quality. If you think it is, then you've gotten too soft from all your quick-time events and regenerating health. And if you're really too confused by what goes on in Magic Sword... PLAY IT AND LEARN. It's a fantastic game that holds up well even today. I may be somewhat biased because I hold high praise for it, but I'd like to think that my own excitement for it may help others get into it.

Here's a few freebies for the uninitiated:
- Some stages require you to go left and/or right from the start point. Explore thoroughly for some decent power ups or secrets.
- If you have the Diamond Ring in your item box, the Lizardman Warrior will join you as an ally. If not, he'll attack.
- The Thief NPC allows you to spot hidden treasure chests at the cost of him having poor attack damage.
- The game's ending is a moral choice that is left up to you for two different endings.

As for Final Fight, the original one is hard to play after all these years, especially when there's the vastly superior Final Fight 3 on SNES. That one even has a solo 2-player mode with the computer playing along side you.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
Street of Rage 2 is a much better option on the Xbox 360, and is only 400 points.
Streets of Rage 2 doesn't come with a full length episode of the Street Fighter cartoon as an unlockable though.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
AzrealMaximillion said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Streets of Rage 2 doesn't come with a full length episode of the Street Fighter cartoon as an unlockable though.
So, it doesn't come with something horrible?

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Wait, it's the arcade Final Fight? As in I don't have to load in a separate cart to play as Guy?

[HEADING=1]Sold.[/HEADING]

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
coxafloppin said:
Mr.Pandah said:
coxafloppin said:

I guess they just left it out there to be assumed.
Oddly enough, there were two women enemies in the original concept work. They preemptively changed their description to transvestites because they were afraid Western audiences would object to violence against women. Apparently, this was a useless gesture, because they made them change the skins to make them male in appearance during the port to SNES and GBA. They left them as TVs for Sega, Atari, and Playstation versions, though.

OT: I can't wait to play Final Fight again. Don't think I've ever played Magic Sword.

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
I remember a parody of this on Newgrounds, one of the guys ate a chicken and threw up everywhere. It was funny and I laughed.

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
I love Magic Sword. The only Capcom fantasy game I like more was the Dungeons and Dragons arcade machine.

Tonydevil

Aug 5, 2009
Kater101 said:
I miss thouse old times.

Wait i hate those day's.
You just can't hate Final fight!