Kevin Butler Proves the Power of the Mustache

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Kevin Butler Proves the Power of the Mustache

What's Kevin Butler advertising this time around? ModNation Racers, but who cares! He has a mustache!

I have made more than clear [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/98986-Sony-Advertising-Brings-Kevin-Butler-of-War-III] at this point, so I see no real reason to reiterate all of it: Simply put, he's the best thing to happen to Sony since Final Fantasy VII. Yes, I'm fully aware that they're just commercials, but they're just so damn funny and well-made that it really doesn't matter to me!

This time around, he's reassuring and encouraging some poor gamer worried that the mighty Steve will be able to defeat him on his very own ModNation Racers track. What follows may be the greatest 80s sports inspirational speech seen since 1989.

Well, it may be. It might not be, too. But there's something about that mustache that's just... hypnotizing. It's like an aura of command.

Oh, and I guess ModNation Racers looks pretty cool too, or something.

Apr 28, 2008
That game kicks ass. The beta was fun, and I found some epic little creations. Which I will now share with you all!

Its equally amazing that those were all created with only 1-5 items that were in the beta.

Also Funk...

Anyway, thats enough pics for now. Don't want to make everyone's head explode.

SonicKoala

The Night Zombie
Sep 8, 2009
I never get tired of these commercials - I'm amazed how consistently good they all are. Really top notch advertising.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Ahh KB.This one of the reasons why all other TV ads suck.Because they don't have KB in them.

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
Oh...Oh God... Kevin Butler can spontaneously grow a mustache?! He is going to rule the world with that power one day.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Irridium said:
That game kicks ass. The beta was fun, and I found some epic little creations. Which I will now share with you all!

Its equally amazing that those were all created with only 1-5 items that were in the beta.

Also Funk...

Anyway, thats enough pics for now. Don't want to make everyone's head explode.
I didn't like the Move one enough to write a piece on it. It really underwhelmed me :(

But the Gundam one is awesome.

Pingieking

Sep 19, 2009
Irridium said:

ME WANT NAOW!
I want that thing and the game. Damn it KB, you make me proud of being a PS fanboy. Can my cousin have your babies (I would do it if I could, but I can't so I'll have to settle for the next best option)?

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
Yes Mr.Butler you rock that mustache and use it's awesome power. I already have a PS3 but keep that mustache coming.

Apr 28, 2008
John Funk said:
I didn't like the Move one enough to write a piece on it. It really underwhelmed me :(

I see.

Well I guess you can't like 'em all.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Irridium said:
John Funk said:

I see.

Well I guess you can't like 'em all.
Yeah, I'm with Funk on this one. The Move spot was just a bit...meh. This, however, continues the trend of Butleresque genius.

DividedUnity

Oct 19, 2009
Ahh decent advertising. Nice to see you again. Id thought you had dissapeared after the GoCompare adverts.

OT: that ad makes me want to buy that game it looks awesome.

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
SCEA has tended to have a bit of a problem with the advertising department, so this guy is certainly a 1-up... or 50-up... or something.

So is anyone else starting to wonder if this could be the LBP of racing? I'm somewhat interested. Although I suppose there's a problem in that my PS3 went YLoD a while ago... D=