Stolen Pixels #188: Test Your Shooter-IQ!

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008

How much do you know about modern FPS games?

Read Full Article

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Rolling punchline again, i see? The final one is hilarious.

I agree that all shooters are just too samey. I actually have an idea for game deconstructing a few of genre's most annoying cliches (especially the "disembodied genocidal gun" type of a protagonist). Yes, i hate brown blandness that much.

VGCATZ

Nov 23, 2007
TheFacelessOne said:
Am I the only one who answered "D" on all of them?
Not the only onebut close. There was one question that was definitly E or maybe Z

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
well looks like i got a +1 on the last shooter i bought pitty i cant throw it away it was a waste of $5.00 for me darn digital copy's

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
It's funny to see games marketed as realistic when they have a single person going up against an entire alien race and is able to nearly instintaniously recover from injuries.

I want to see a FPS level in a volcano where you have to avoid the lava and falling rocks.

Awesome comic, Shamus.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Fallout 3, Resistance 2, Red Faction : Guerrila. I've never even played Resistance 2 or Red Faction : Guerilla and I still recognised them. If that's "everything looks the same", then... Wow, that looks pretty different.

Damn Shamus, between this and your last one, I'd honestly think you weren't even trying any more.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
Even though the keyboard and mouse controls are more sensitive, I definitely enjoy fps games from the couch with a gamepad. The exception being metroid prime with its awesome wii point and shoot scheme.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Shamus have you tried Natural Selection? Because that is a Shooter with Base Building if your playing as the Marines of course! Most Awesome shooter of the good old days. And they are developing NS with the current Source Engine! \o/

KimberlyGoreHound

Mar 17, 2010
0. Yay, me?

Okay, that's not much of a response, is it?

I'm not very into recent FPS's. I've played them at other peoples' places, but never for very long. I'll stick with my Goldeneye and Metroid Prime, thanks.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
That made me chuckle XD I got 3 sadly....heh

Lost cause?

Also, as a side note...Copyright 2008? We gone back in time?

Vitor Goncalves

Mar 22, 2010
Jaredin said:
That made me chuckle XD I got 3 sadly....heh

Lost cause?

Also, as a side note...Copyright 2008? We gone back in time?
Ah! ninjaed once again, bummer!

And shamus, you should know that brown is the new black.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
randommaster said:
It's funny to see games marketed as realistic when they have a single person going up against an entire alien race and is able to nearly instintaniously recover from injuries.

I want to see a FPS level in a volcano where you have to avoid the lava and falling rocks.

Awesome comic, Shamus.
Instead of simply being overcome by the toxic gas?

Chipperz said:
Fallout 3, Resistance 2, Red Faction : Guerrila. I've never even played Resistance 2 or Red Faction : Guerilla and I still recognised them. If that's "everything looks the same", then... Wow, that looks pretty different.

Damn Shamus, between this and your last one, I'd honestly think you weren't even trying any more.
His spoiler warning broadcast this week was funny, so his humor's going somewhere. "Wrex, do you need a hug?"

Remzer

Provider of Nutrients
Jul 29, 2009
Long live Codename: Eagle and its "ever-so-slightly-overpowered" magnum.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
I like shooters, too. But I like good shooters. Ones with a good story in its single-player mode, and ones that emphasize cooperation in multi-player.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
Shamus Young said:

How much do you know about modern FPS games?

Read Full Article
I'd suggest you try out TF2, if you haven't already...it has some nice red and blue in it :p

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
So this cartoon is from two years ago and all you had to do to make it current was put a 2 on the end of Modern Warfare and Bad Company?
Now how's that for progress![HEADING=1]SIGH[/HEADING]