Live Action Prequel to Alan Wake Will Be Like Twin Peaks

Lauren Admire

Rawrchiteuthis
Aug 8, 2008
Live Action Prequel to Alan Wake Will Be Like Twin Peaks

If you're tired of patiently waiting for the release of Alan Wake [http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=76175], you can patiently wait for its live-action prequel, instead.

Starting April 27th, fans will be able to watch Bright Falls, a live-action prequel that sets the scene for all of the eerie things that happen to the protagonist in Alan Wake.

Shot on site in Oregon and directed by award-winning Phillip Van, Bright Falls "will bring you to the edge of your seat and spur your curiosity with the same eerie and suspenseful cliffhangers as in the game." Microsoft promises that the show will have a decidedly Twin Peaks feel to it, and actors Tom Noonan from Damages and Cooper Huckabee of True Blood fame will be making appearances.

Xbox Live members will be able to view the first two episodes on April 25; everyone else can watch it on April 27th at brightfalls.com [http://brightfalls.com/]. A new episode will be released each week, with a final two-parter on May 17th. Alan Wake is set to release in the US the very next day, on May 18th.

Additionally, a slew of goodies has been added to those who pre-order the game, including an "I am Awake" T-shirt for your Xbox Live avatar and a Bright Falls Xbox Live theme.

Yup - the trailer definitely captures that quirky, disturbing, and at times even charming Twin Peaks feel. Now, if only it had Kyle MacLachlan ...

Source: Gaming Union [http://www.gamingunion.net/news/live-action-prequel-to-alan-wake-coming-soon--1521.html]

soapyshooter

That Guy
Jan 19, 2010
Why not make a wide release movie after waiting to see if the game successful?...I guess they'll do that too.

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
Okay, that trailer was REALLY REALLY cool.

But the fact that there already announcing a movie, when the hasen't even come out yet... well it seems both good and bad too me.

I mean on one hand, if this comes out first, it might set a good scene and mood, and perhaps aid the atmosphere of the game.

But at the same time we all know that games and movies almost never mesh well.

EDIT: Also, does that title reminde anybody else of the Super Mario Bro's Movie Title?

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Could be intresting...Its certainly a fresh way to advertise

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Interesting to say the least.

However while Alan Wake will doubtlessly be a much better game technically, I am not sure if anyone will ever get that vibe down with a game better than "Deadly Premonition", which is a game that by all rights should blow chips (due to the targeting mechanics if nothing else) but doesn't.

Doomsday11

Apr 15, 2010
hmmmmmmmm I will reserve judgment until I see it but it does look intresting to say the least

DividedUnity

Oct 19, 2009
They certainly are pouring alot of money into this game. If it flops well I cant say I wont laugh

calelogan

Jun 15, 2008
This seems all to familiar and recent.

AC2 did a series of live action shorts to narrate a prequel to the game.

Deadly Premonition, released just a while back, reeks of Twin Peaks.

A live action prequel with a Twin Peaks feel? Count me in.

Let's just hope none of this is a flop. I love what Remedy did with Max Payne.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
How about an "Alan Wake exists!" t-shirt or "Just because you cant see me doenst mean I am vapour?" shirt?
No matter how good any advertising is I wont be getting Alan Wake, I am too big of an Pc elitiest.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Christ, this game is killing me.

Its been like five years! And now its so close... and this on top of it!

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Gah! I really must find the money to buy the Twin Peaks series one of these days. Expenses, expenses, expenses...

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
To be honest, the game's story sounds like a good movie plot. So I await this with baited breath.