Question of the Day, April 24, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, April 24, 2010

It's not 2012 yet, but that doesn't mean we can't start wondering how the apocalypse will start. In a world where vampires, zombies and robots exist, who would become our new evil overlords? And how would the battle go down?

xHipaboo420x

Apr 22, 2009
Robots - if put in a Skynet-esque 'robots-making-robots' situation they can last indefinitely, whereas vampires and zombies are weak flesh things.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Robots.

Zombies can't eat them and Vampires cannot drink their blood.

Zombies could be squashed flat by the robots, Vampires could be hunted down day and night and exposed to the sun.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
And where's the news post? Or am i missing something?

OT: thinking logically (as logically as you can think about that)... vampires, though robots would put up one hell of a fight. But robots are just machines, their production facilities can be taken out by stealthy saboteurs. Zombies are pretty much cakewalk for either side.

But if there were no normal squishy humans for vampires to drink blood of, definetly robots.

Nincompoop

May 24, 2009
Robots.

Vampires and Zombies can only be so strong, but robots are limitless. The higher technologically advanced the race is, the more awesome are the robots.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
vampires would be useless, zombies dont have a heart beat thus no blood circulation and robots dont have blood.

robots vs zombies on the other hand is harder to figure out, the zombie would outnumber the robots, but they are slow and unintelligent, i would say the robots.

Feb 13, 2008
Zombies. You can't kill what's already dead.

Robots need oil/energy, Vampires need blood, Zombies just feast on their opponents. Beat us as many times as you wish: In the end, all will die. And then rise anew.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Really, Escapist?

This thread is SOOOOOO childish.

[sub]Totally robots! They have technology and laser swords and shit![/sub]

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
zombies, but depends which type, if it was land of the dead zombies, with billions of billions of them, and they have developed intelligence, then they could take the others out easy.

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
Zombies only work against humans. Vampires lose instantly. Robots are visciously intelligent and adaptive. So, robots. I still like zombies more, though.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
MaxChaos said:
Robots - if put in a Skynet-esque 'robots-making-robots' situation they can last indefinitely, whereas vampires and zombies are weak flesh things.
What about Twilight vampires? They may sparkle, which is crap, but the only way to kill them is to rip them apart and then burn the pieces. No other way. Plus, they're rock-solid and super fast so robots wouldn't be able to catch them. They could rip Skynet apart easily.

And on that note, I vote vampires. Because they can easily tear robots to shreds, are very difficult to kill, and give them a gun and they'll just blow the zombies' heads off.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Vampires, as long as we go back a decade or three, before that whole re-branding thing. At night, the Vampire would have easily been able to rip apart Zombies and were smart enough to have built up anti-robot defenses such as EM-gates and, eventually, EM-weaponry. During the daytime, the classic Vampire would be able to rest deep underground or, in bat form in a dank cave.

although now that I think about it, Robots don't need rest but, I don't see anything man-made as being impervious to the elements...I mean, a robot attempting to cross a bog or desert is likely to be killed by the elements.

KimberlyGoreHound

Mar 17, 2010
Depends. If the vampires have no humans on which to feast, they'll die. If zombies have no humans on which to feast, they'll die out too. If the robots are shitty and infeffective, they'll be destroyed. However, if you take Terminator (T-800 at least - AKA Arnold Schwarzenegger) style robots, they'll absolutely obliterate anything in their way.