Preview: End of Nations Makes RTS Games Massive

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Preview: End of Nations Makes RTS Games Massive

It's an MMORPG! No, it's an RTS! No, it's Pokémon! Actually, Trion?s newly-unveiled MMORTS End of Nations is all of the above.

Read Full Article

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Wow...thats pretty cool! Looking forward to seeing this for sure!

Kushin

May 17, 2009
It's looking like there's another game being added to my 'DO WANT' list*. Anyone got a clue what consoles it's being released on?

*Full details available on request.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
Sounds pretty interesting. I also played Universe at War, which was by petroglyph. They should be called Westwood again. Oh right, EA... yeah. Still, at least it's something new.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Kushin said:
It's looking like there's another game being added to my 'DO WANT' list*. Anyone got a clue what consoles it's being released on?

PC.

Xzi said:
I've been wanting to see a significant MMORTS release happen for a long time, and this one seems pretty awesome. My one concern, though, is PvP. Is there any in the game at all? Being able to outmaneuver another human opponent has always been a huge staple of the RTS genre...it's where most of your unique strategies come into play.
There will be PvP, they just weren't willing to talk about it yet.

Kushin

May 17, 2009
John Funk said:
Kushin said:

PC.
B-E-A-Utiful. Thanks John, now it's a definite purchase.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
You piqued my interest Funk, I shall have to check this out when it arrives

Angron

Jul 15, 2008
first question that comes to mind with MMO is...is there a monthly fee? :S

but its looking interesting, hope they pull it off well

Cpt Corallis

Apr 14, 2009
This sounds interesting, almost like how Endwar should have turned out. My only question is will the game be vehicles only? Cos there is nothing I would like better than using infantry to ambush and attack enemies in a real time game world

Cpt Corallis

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
So they're going to do MMORPG + RTS now. Just last year it was MMORPG + FPS. Does that mean MMORPG + fighting games are next?

The answer is: yes, actually. Soul and Blade, or whatever it's called being produced by NCSoft.

Aenir

Mar 26, 2009
This looks awesome. I just read through the entire goddamn website, including the forums. I signed up for the newsletter and made a forum account and everything. The ONLY thing I dislike is the presence of a monthly fee (it says there will be one on the website FYI), but I may well make an exception if this turns out well. I mean, it has guys from Westwood!!!

cheywoodward

Dec 2, 2009
I generally ignore MMO's because of the grind but I actually might play this. What I like the idea of is building a persistent force and base that isn't destroyed after every mission like in most RTS games.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
MMORTS? Friggin' finally. Really, the idea was obvious - why didn't anyone do that before? Instead of making so-called "WoW killers", developers should just branch out in other genres! MMORTS, MMOFPS, maybe MMO-platformers or MMO-racing. How's about that, about conquering new market instead of fruitlessly trying to milk an old one?

Doubt i'll be playing it (what with subscription fee and all), but i could at least try a demo.

ottenni

Aug 13, 2009
Oooooooo looks good. Although im not so sure about the loot thing. The rest sounds great though.

Cru31ty

Feb 20, 2009
It's good to see dev companies are still kicking out RTS's with Starcraft 2 about do drop soon. I mean, in a decade or two that game will be good to go.

Mr. Mike

Mar 24, 2010
Finally, a new genre. Or at least hybrid genre. It's nice not only to see such a potentially innovative game like this in development, but also to see those genre-defining lines continually blurring. I wish every developer set out to create completely innovative, unique gaming experiences.