Magic 8-Ball Points Towards Infamous 2

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Magic 8-Ball Points Towards Infamous 2

Infamous [http://www.gamefly.com/game/ps3/Infamous/136055/]' ending indicated that a sequel was already planned, but a recent domain registration emphasizes it.

Infamous was a shining light in the PlayStation 3's exclusive library in the summer of 2009. an open-world game that told the story of Cole MacGrath and his newly acquired electricity-based superpowers. As discovered by superannuation [http://supererogatory.tumblr.com/post/559365225/record-expires-on-27-apr-2011], Sony Computer Entertainment America has registered a domain name that points directly to a sequel.

The discovered information is as follows:

Record expires on 27-Apr-2011.
Record created on 27-Apr-2010.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.SCEA.COM 160.33.44.69
NS2.SCEA.COM 160.33.44.67
NS3.SCEA.COM 160.33.160.127
NS4.SCEA.COM 160.33.56.28

http://whois.domaintools.com/infamous2thegame.com

From these words, one can conclude that SCEA registered a domain for an Infamous 2 [http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?N=0&Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=infamous%202] website on April 27. Could this mean that Infamous 2 is in development? The 8-ball says: Probably! This was basically already known, but the domain registration could also indicate that the game will be announced soon.

The only way this would be surprising is if you didn't play the first game all the way through to the end. The ending of Infamous was like the endings to the Back to the Future movies, which basically had the trailer for the sequel before the credits. Or, you could say it was like Dragon Ball Z, where the world's mightiest warriors would defeat a really tough foe that would tell them an even tougher foe was on his way to them in a spaceship.

Infamous is a pretty awesome game and in my opinion a must-play for PS3 owners. Not only can every single building in the game's large open-world be scaled, but Cole's powers and appearance change depending on whether he/you choose to roast enemies and civilians alike or to be more careful and heal innocent bystanders. The story was decent as well and has a Fight Club-ish twist at the end. It'll be interesting to see if Infamous 2 ends in a similar way to the first game, or if developer Sucker Punch ties Cole's story up with a bow.

Source: superannuation [http://supererogatory.tumblr.com/post/559365225/record-expires-on-27-apr-2011]

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
The first game was 7/10 material. Lets the new one improves on the formula significantly.

Apr 28, 2008
I enjoyed the first one. It was fun and surprised the hell out of me.

The characters were kind of stiff though... and corny. Not to mention Cole's voice showed little to know emotion. But hopefully stuff like that will be improved for the sequel.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
First one was awesome, hopefully the new one will improve upon everything that was sub par in the first

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
I like the first game, mostly because I could channel Spider-Man 2 and run around saving random people and being awesome. The sequel did seem like a forgone conclusion though from the end cinematic. Who wants to take bets on the second game being good Cole Vs. Evil Cole in a time-traveling battle royal?

I shall look vigilantly to see if your speculations pan out, Mr. Goldman.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
The first inFamous was really fun, so hopefully the sequel will be just as good if not better.

Mr. Grey

I changed my face, ya like it?
Aug 31, 2009
Will I finally be able to shoot through Chain Link Fences or at the very least climb over them? I demand to know! I will not be tormented by the likes of them any longer!

A war will I wage! A war against them all!

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
I thought inFamous was decent, but I honestly did not like the way it was set up with thugs sniping you from rooftops in every direction, with perfect accuracy, and you being unable to see them. Then if you did, while the buildings were climbable, it was still kind of annoying to get up there to fight these guys, especially when you were on your way to do other things.

I admit I'm not great at twitchy games, but I typically do okay. The issue here was mostly about annoyance. Really they need to find some way to resolve that, and make fighting in the sandbox a bit less annoying to suck me in.

-

That said, I agree a sequel announcement in the near future seems likely.

Fayathon

Professional Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
I'm not surprised that there will be another inFamous, and I'm definitely looking forward to it.

TheRealGoochman

Apr 7, 2010
very very very very pumped for InFamous2.....loved the first!!!

Although I thought it was already announced (I thought I read in PSMagazine with some sequel article or something...the Crysis2 issue)
But anywho.......WOOOOOOT!!!

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
The first one had good gameplay, and a good premise, but failed to really make the story matter. Also the good/evil thing felt tacked on at parts.

Still, I want to see a sequel. There's a lot of places they can take Infamous.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
The first inFamous was really fun, though the fact that it was Sucker Punch's first PS3 game really did show. I had a few glitches like freezing and falling through the world, and after a while you started to notice all the little things weren't really lined up like some of Cole's animations.

But by then I had already finished the game and I am really just nitpicking. It was still a great game and hopefully inFamous 2 will up the ante.

hansari

May 31, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
Infamous is a pretty awesome game and in my opinion a must-play for PS3 owners.
You know, InFamous would be a good series to carry consequences over with...similar to how Mass Effect 2 did...

The Warden

Oct 6, 2009
chromekreeper said:
i wonder what stuff there will be for the sequel. he already has his powers, what more can they do? maybe they will make a 2nd explosion and then you play as that guy who has i dunno, psychic powers? then cole tries and find you and junk. thats really then only way i can see it happening unless they actually find a logical way to strip cole of his powers.
Easy. The Beast kicks Cole's Electro-ass and uses it's power to siphon his powers but Cole manages to barely escape, probably with Zeke's help, and he then forgives Zeke for his fuck-ups and leaves to gather back his super powers, most likely with more powers to get. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing Cole Macgravelvoice again.

Mr. Mike

Mar 24, 2010
hansari said:
Tom Goldman said:
Infamous is a pretty awesome game and in my opinion a must-play for PS3 owners.
You know, InFamous would be a good series to carry consequences over with...similar to how Mass Effect 2 did...
Here's to that!. Although, since being anything other than completely good or completely evil hampers your powers greatly, it wouldn't make too much of a difference. Even just two different starting points would be cool though as far as karma goes.

Beartrucci

Jun 19, 2009
Mr. Grey said:
Will I finally be able to shoot through Chain Link Fences or at the very least climb over them? I demand to know! I will not be tormented by the likes of them any longer!

A war will I wage! A war against them all!
You think you can defeat us? You are waging a war you will certainly lose.

Now bask in our eternal glory!