The Force Unleashed Could Have Had Wookie Superheroes

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
The Force Unleashed Could Have Had Wookie Superheroes

Faster than a TIE-Fighter, more powerful than a Gundark and able to leap tall AT-ATs in a single bound. It's "Super-Wook!" Wait, what?

What springs to mind when you think about Star Wars: The Force Unleashed [http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Force-Unleashed-Xbox-360/dp/B000R0URCE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278523307&sr=8-2-catcorr]? Secret apprentices? Darth Vader? Maybe that level with the Star Destroyer? But what you probably don't think of is a wookie superhero, but you might have, had certain folks at LucasArts had their way.

"At one point we were kicking around an idea where you were playing a wookie," said LucasArts veteran Haden Blackman. "It was going to be a big open world, and you'd be running around, and you'd be able to grab the heads of AT-STs and throw them at stormtroopers ... It was a very over the top-style superhero game."

Sadly "Mega-Bacca" or whatever he might have ended up being called, was never to be, and the idea was shot down by none other than George Lucas himself, as Blackman relates: "He just looked at me and said, 'I just spent the last half hour talking to you about the importance of characters talking to each other, and you pitch me a game idea where the main character can't talk?"

It's probably for the best that the game never got made, but it's certainly an entertaining to think about, and who knows, maybe one day "Wookstar" will get to fly.

Source: 1up [http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3179129]

Sir Ollie

The Emperor's Finest
Jan 14, 2009
Would have been a great game. Better then Force Unleashed that's for sure.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Oh that would of been so awesome to play.

and you'd be able to grab the heads of AT-STs and throw them at stormtroopers ...
Thats just sounds awesome and entertaining. I demand they make this game now! I don't care what Lucas thinks.

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
I just fell off my chair laughing, that is such an awesome idea!

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
Lucas, you fuck.

You thought midichlorians were a better idea than A WOOKIE SUPERHERO?

I would have bought that game.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Logan Westbrook said:
Sadly "Mega-Bacca" or whatever he might have ended up being called, was never to be, and the idea was shot down by none other than George Lucas himself, as Blackman relates: "He just looked at me and said, 'I just spent the last half hour talking to you about the importance of characters talking to each other, and you pitch me a game idea where the main character can't talk?"
Ironically enough it's his characters that can't talk that come away with the most characterization in the prequels.

wolf thing

Nov 18, 2009
that could make a great game.
a wookie warror fightign the empire, freeing wookie salave.

epic

The Bandit

Feb 5, 2008
I wasn't a huge fan of TFU, but seriously? This is the worst idea ever. It just confirms that LucasArts is batshit retarded. Not that I didn't already know that.

It sounds great, if it's as a joke- which is what I think most of you people are looking at it as. But, LucasArts doesn't do jokes anymore, especially with Star Wars. They would have hyped it up as super serious, and it would have just been ridiculous.

Jhereg42

Apr 11, 2008
Anyone who has seen the abortion known as the "Starwars Holiday Special" knows just how bad an all wookie cast would have been. The first 15 minutes has only wookie Dialogue, and it's about as painful as it gets.

Unfortunately, my 2 year old absolutely adores it. Groan.

Though throwing the heads of AT-STs would have been awsome. I'll give them that.

Darth Caelum

Jan 21, 2010
Well......I kinda Liked Starkiller[sub]AKA: Galen Marek[/sub] and i don't Particularly like The Wookies so it matters not to me.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
Cant see why they couldnt made it as a DLC sort of thing..a bonus mission just to fool around at instead a full-length game focused on groaning-moaning pile of fur <.<

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
"I just spent the last half hour talking to you about the importance of characters talking to each other, and you pitch me a game idea where the main character can't talk?"
How dare you not listen to George Lucas!? You know he is the master of dialogue!

brabz

Jan 3, 2008
As long as there's a Space Chess level where you can rip the arms off your oponents if you lose.

Blue Musician

Mar 23, 2010
That would have been interesting, but I didn't really like SW anyways.
Also, George Lucas comment made me laugh a huge lot! That must be a great quote that I must use!

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
That would have bee cool and fresh! Would have loved it!

hansari

May 31, 2009
Slycne said:
Ironically enough it's his characters that can't talk that come away with the most characterization in the prequels.
Does anyone else find it hilarious that character like r2d2 are more memorable than Qui-gon Gin?

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
Thing is, Lucas likes drama in his work. He wants all of the things in the Star Wars universe to have some significant story with memorable characters. To a certain extent, I can sympathize with him, but George, drama, shouldn't get in the way of fun, the basis of a game.

This would have been awesome. Certainly better than Force Unleashed. The story was good in that game, but everything else... meh.