H.A.W.X. 2 Wings Into Stores This Fall

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
H.A.W.X. 2 Wings Into Stores This Fall

Ubisoft has announced that Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 [http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=78088] is in development and will be letting players fly high above Google Maps this fall.

I thought last year's Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. was so did a Brit who is notoriously difficult to please [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/5870-Review-Tom-Clancys-H-A-W-X]. It was a bit repetitive at times, but it had some gorgeous-looking dogfights and cool ideas, and laid the seeds for a potentially cool franchise. In fact, I'm going to quote from the review:

"A hypothetical H.A.W.X. 2 might be great; H.A.W.X. is merely 'solid.'"

Well guess what? The first game was well-received enough to sell a million copies. So as it would happen, Ubisoft's Bucharest branch is making H.A.W.X. 2, and it'll be out by the end of the year on PS3, 360, PC, and Wii.

As with the first game, H.A.W.X. 2 casts you as an "elite aerial soldier" piloting "the world's most technologically advanced aircraft." The scenery is likely to be just as beautiful as the last time around (if we flew in cities like Tokyo, Rio de Janeiro and Washington, D.C. last time, where will we fly in the sequel?) and we'll probably get even more obscenely-expensive jets to fly around and admire the pretties.

"This new H.A.W.X. game is directly inspired by Tom Clancy's books, and it will enable fans to once again experience the excitement and intensity that established H.A.W.X. as a successful brand," said Ubisoft creative director Bogdan Bridinel.

I hope that means we'll get a better story than "PMCs suck, ok?" but I won't be holding my breath.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
And it will feature an innovative DRM scheme that requires you to be personally shanked by a member of the Ubisoft help desk before it will run...

Darktau

Totally Ergo Proxy
Mar 10, 2009
Eugh, the first one was bad enough, why do we need a second one. (Goes back to playing Air Rivals)

cobrausn

Dec 10, 2008
John Funk said:
I hope that means we'll get a better story than "PMCs suck, ok?" but I won't be holding my breath.
Yeah, I wouldn't hold mine either. PMCs are easy bad guys - you offend nobody because they don't really claim a nation.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
I loved H.A.W.X and this sequel is a nice something to look forward to!

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I liked HAWX when I rented it. I then bought it for $13.

Solid game. Annoying mission where you have to stay really low, though.

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
Awww...

I thought you were serious about the Google maps thing...

Wakefield

Aug 3, 2009
God damnit! I love H.A.W.X so very much, but I refuse to buy from Ubisoft...

Guess I'll just wait to get it used so they don't get my money.

Olikunmissile

Jul 16, 2008
HAWX was fun, but it made me go back and play Ace Combat on the PS1. Graphics might not be up to much but hell, it had a solid storyline "You're badass mercs, go kill these baddies, they also have a flying fortress for a final boss but fuck it! You have your F-22 Raptor go tear shit up!"

However I love the F-4. And that might be why I loved HAWX. Anyway I went so far off topic there.

I look forward to this.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
The main problem with Hawx was that it was so terribly average.
I could get this, and hope for the best, or I could buy a flight simulator that I find better. I don't know, though. I'll see when more info is released.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I want to play the original just because it has 4-player co-op. Hopefully this one will too. That just sounds awesome.

Ace01

May 19, 2009
Anyone bugged its only been one year since the last one?

Anyway, i'll rent, i hated the first one.

*plays afterburner climax and Ace combat 6*

SPEAKING OF WHICH, I wouldn't be surprised if AC7 was announced,

Toppy987

May 1, 2010
Aeshi said:
I loved H.A.W.X and this sequel is a nice something to look forward to!
Here Here! great game, but then again, i havent played 2 many games like it be4.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
I didn't like the satelite camera thing, that switched me off hawx. I enjoyed the demo while in cockpit though.

When are Ubi making an Endwar sequel? I'd buy that.

The Critic

Apr 3, 2010
bjj hero said:
I didn't like the satelite camera thing, that switched me off hawx. I enjoyed the demo while in cockpit though.

When are Ubi making an Endwar sequel? I'd buy that.
I would love an EndWar sequel, too.

H.A.W.X. was pretty good for a start. The missions got on the repetative side, and there were a few annoying bits, but overall I found the game very enjoyable. On my list of flight sims, It's second only to Blazing Angels, and above the Ace Combat series (in my opinion, anyway). I'll admit that the story was lackluster, but it was bearable. Suffice it to say that I'm looking foward to a sequel of H.A.W.X.

firedfns13

Jun 4, 2009
WHY IS THIS COMING OUT BEFORE THE NEXT ACE COMBAT GAME?!

the whole fly in third person with a super zoomed out camera sucks.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Really didn't like first one so news on this for me is lukewarm...