Medal of Honor Beats Call of Duty By Leaving a Message

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Medal of Honor Beats Call of Duty By Leaving a Message

EA's upcoming Medal of Honor will be taking on Call of Duty: Black Ops [http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Black-Ops-Xbox-360/dp/B003JVKHEQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278515576&sr=1-1] by releasing a full month before it.

EA will be rebooting the Medal of Honor franchise this year with the totally original idea of bringing it to modern times. With this trailer, titled "Leave a Message," EA has revealed that Medal of Honor [http://www.amazon.com/Medal-Honor-Xbox-360/dp/B000TI836G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278515555&sr=1-1] will be released on October 12, 2010.

It's actually a neat idea for a trailer, mimicking the Omaha Beach landing but swapping the Higgins Boat for a CH-47 Chinook Helicopter and the shores of France with the Shahi-Kot Valley. War never changes. I learned that from Fallout. With the mystery revolving the story of Black Ops [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/100391-Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-Trailer-Induces-a-Flashback], I'm wondering which will pull off a better narrative.

And while war might never change, people will always love to play it. It's being said that Medal of Honor's October 12 release date will allow it to beat the recently revealed Call of Duty: Black Ops [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/100360-Activision-Announces-Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops] to the punch, putting EA's war game a month ahead in gamer consciousness due to Black Ops's November 9 release date. This is sort of EA's "lol" to the Black Ops announcement.

However, because Medal of Honor has been out of the public eye for so long, it straight up needed to come out before Call of Duty: Black Ops to make a heavy impression. Medal of Honor will sell regardless, but up against the biggest military shooter series of all time, even though Black Ops is not developed by Infinity Ward, I think we all know it probably would have sold less. Either way, people are going to buy Medal of Honor, and people are going to buy Black Ops. Each should give players plenty of reasons to shoot each other for no reason.

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
I've always enjoyed MoH more than CoD, so it's nice to see that it's making a new game. I just hope it won't be another clone of MW2/BC2, even though I know it will be.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
You know? A lot of people will just buy both.

Personally, I'm with Black Ops. I've always loved Treyarch.

feather240

Jul 16, 2009
AkJay said:
I've always enjoyed MoH more than CoD, so it's nice to see that it's making a new game. I just hope it won't be another clone of MW2/BC2, even though I know it will be.
This looks a little more story driven then COD. I haven't played MW, but from the trailers I've made some guesses on what it's like. This looks surprisingly more grim. (Press X to say goodbye to loved ones.)

Martster

Rated EC-10 Condemned
Mar 17, 2010
Yeah to be totally honest I think I'll just end up buying both anyway

So far though I'm quite intrigued by Black Ops more than MoH

Apr 28, 2008
Still waiting on Battlefield 3...

But I may get Medal of Honor. Since it includes guys with beards.

And as we all know, beards are the manliest piece of hair ever.

100% of men with beards look badass

hansari

May 31, 2009
Sigh...remember, before it was just MW3 vs new MoH...this new Black Ops changes everything. I mean I love a good narrative in a video game, and if both games end up delivering....I need to save up cash.

(not for MW3 though...that story is fubar)

ddq5

I wonder what the character limi
Jun 18, 2009
You know, if they're both trying to out-narrative each other, that's a competition I can get behind. These games need more, better stories.

8-Bit Grin

Apr 20, 2010
That was...actually moving.
I don't want the narrator to die.
Oh gosh, I'm getting hyped.
Someone save me!
Quick, put it between my eyes!

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Since Airbourne (Well since anything after Allied Assault) MoH has been crap.

CoD has gone downhill since 4 hitting bottom with MW2. So whilst MoH is still higher on my list of things to keep an eye on than CoD, they're pretty much both not worth the effort.

I used to love this genre, what the fuck is happening.

WrcklessIntent

Apr 16, 2009
I want this to be good so badly because i really want a single player focused war shooter with a good story and this looks like it might be it.

shadow741

Oct 28, 2009
Why'd they say "IT" instead of "they"? I think something weirds going on over there in the game.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Fingerlicking said:
That was...actually moving.
I don't want the narrator to die.
Oh gosh, I'm getting hyped.
Someone save me!
Quick, put it between my eyes!
yeah I know... I am almost becoming fearful of buying it becuase I am also afraid he will die. :(

SilkySkyKitten

Oct 20, 2009
Damn, that was some pretty powerful stuff.

Well, consider me hyped. Hopefully this will turn out to be the first truly excellent MoH since Allied Assault (everything inbetween and before AA was either only decent or mediocre, IMO).

The Random One

May 29, 2008
On the one hand, I like modern shooters a lot more than WWII shooters.

On the other hand, I like pretty much anything a lot more than gritty realistic games.

Eh, who am I kidding. I'll play this anyway. Probably not before mid 2011 though. I haven't even played CoD5.5:MW2 yet.