Giants and GGL Team Up

Junaid Alam

Apr 10, 2007
Giants and GGL Team Up

GGL has teamed up with the surprise Super Bowl-winning New York Giants to sponsor an online videogame competition for football and gaming fans.

Dubbed the Giants Game Day Live portal, the online venue will kick off with the start of training camp. Players can sign up for any team and track their progress, statistics and performance, comparing them with friends and competitors.

"I put my soul into cheering for the Giants over the years, and I can't tell you how ecstatic I am that they've reached the Super Bowl! They're my passion, but so is gaming. With Giants Game Day Live, we're bringing together the excitement of both to deliver the culture of videogames for players of all levels looking to experience a high-level online gaming tournaments," GGL Chairman Ted Owen said in a statement released prior to the Super Bowl.

Players will vie for prizes like Giants tickets, gear and signed footballs, and Giants-owned media will advertise the new partnership with GGL.

"Giants fans are increasingly utilizing the internet to enhance their involvement with each other in the truest sense of community and we are partnering with GGL to provide our fans with best-in-class videogame technology," Mike Stevens, the New York Giants' chief marketing officer, said.