Mega Man 2 Soon Annihilated With a Dance Pad

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Mega Man 2 Soon Annihilated With a Dance Pad

A young man has set out to defeat Mega Man 2 using not a controller, but a dance pad.

If you haven't heard of Nick Hagman, he's been achieving a certain amount of notoriety for beating NES games using only a dance pad. After taking on Super Mario Bros. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4P_XJdxl-c], and coming out victorious, he's set his sights on Mega Man 2.

Hagman is defeating Mega Man 2 [http://www.amazon.com/Mega-Man-2-nintendo-entertainment-system/dp/B00004SVS3/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1276716170&sr=1-1]'s bosses one at a time using passwords. Considering the method being used, I can forgive that he's not completing the game in a single run. He most recently downed Bubble Man easily as of press time (see accompanying video). Mega Man 2 is known for being a pretty challenging game, but when a kid can beat it using his feet, it sort of puts things in a new light.

Whether you love or hate Hagman's unique sense of humor, watching him play these games using a dance pad is entertaining. Seeing hand motions translated into quick, jerky foot motions always makes me laugh internally (but not out loud). I always found it hard to shoot the weakness of the angler fish robots normally, so this guy doing it with a dance pad is something else. He's already bagged Air Man, Flash Man, Quick Man, and Metal Man. Don't expect Hagman to falter at finishing off the rest of the Mega Man 2 bosses over the next week or so.

What game will he tackle next? I vote for Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! [http://www.amazon.com/Mike-Tysons-Punch-Out-nintendo-entertainment-system/dp/B00005AV8O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1276716201&sr=1-1] (Mike Tyson version).

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
Meh, I beat mm2 WITH MIND BULLETS!!

No, that is still a huge achievement.(If a little freakish).

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Thats quite a challenge...I wish him luck...gonna need it

Proteus214

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2009
LOL, that's fuckin great. I can't wait to see his Heat Man video...if he can actually do it by then.

delet

Nov 2, 2008
This guy is awesome... This is the answer to 'gamers aren't active/are all fat'.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
Amazing how he wired that to work in such a manner. not as entertaing as it could be though. I'd like him to do that with a game like patapon. Yeah! Beating patapon with a dance pad. Match made in heaven.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Holy crap.

I can barely play DDR with a Dance pad!

.....this makes me feel sad and inspired at the same time.

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Swifteye said:
Amazing how he wired that to work in such a manner. not as entertaing as it could be though. I'd like him to do that with a game like patapon. Yeah! Beating patapon with a dance pad. Match made in heaven.
Yeah, I think that would work really well. It'll feel much more engaging than tapping the buttons. I can imagine Loco Roco working WONDERS on a dance pad. Tilt left and right by stomping on the left and right pads, make the world jump by stomping on both at the same time, etc.

RheynbowDash

Jan 26, 2009
JEBWrench said:
Billion Backs said:
That's pretty funny.

He should try doing that old dreadful ninja game.
No, no.

River City Ransom has my vote.
You sir win. Your avatar is awesome. 10 internets to anyone who can tell me what that is. (I already know btw.)

OT: This is awesome. Gamers are the greatest people ever.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
Aby_Z said:
This guy is awesome... This is the answer to 'gamers aren't active/are all fat'.
I'd like to be with you on this one, but, I'm pretty sure he's the only gamer doing this kind of thing with a dance pad. Not the only gamer using a dance pad, but the only one doing NES games with one. :)

My vote? Hmmm... Ghost and Goblins is out, since impossible games are impossible. Metroid would be less episodic. Contra? That could be haaaaard! Or Double Dragon! :D

delet

Nov 2, 2008
Firia said:
Aby_Z said:
I'd like to be with you on this one, but, I'm pretty sure he's the only gamer doing this kind of thing with a dance pad. Not the only gamer using a dance pad, but the only one doing NES games with one. :)

My vote? Hmmm... Ghost and Goblins is out, since impossible games are impossible. Metroid would be less episodic. Contra? That could be haaaaard! Or Double Dragon! :D
Well of course this kind of thing is incredibly uncommon, but this is about as valid a blanket statement as the whole 'videogames cause children to be murderers' argument.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
ToonLink said:
You sir win. Your avatar is awesome. 10 internets to anyone who can tell me what that is. (I already know btw.)

OT: This is awesome. Gamers are the greatest people ever.
Do I get to play? 'cause I know!

Firia said:
Put the man through Hell - Battletoads!

(If not River City Ransom, of course.)

Flying Dagger

Apr 14, 2009
The guy doesn't even look like he's any good at the games
I was expecting so much more from this.
Get someone who is a pro at DDR to do this and I'll be impressed.

Hulyen

Apr 20, 2009
I played Golden Sun with a drum controller once - it was actually pretty fun.

The best dance mat game story I've heard is playing Chu Chu Rocket with a dance mat. Just...sheesh.