Question of the Day, May 15, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, May 15, 2010

Star Wars:The Old Republic will allow players to choose between two factions - The Galactic Republic and The Sith Empire. Which side will you join?

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
The underdog one, so i suppose ill stick to Republic at first, tho it depends on how my friends will spread out across galaxy, and what races will be eventually avalible.
Wouldnt pass on something as awesome as Ewok Sith Lord *nod*

Hoppetussa

Sep 24, 2008
I can't be evil in games. No matter how hard I try. Even though I like both sides, I'm going for the non-evil one.

Rhayn

Free of All Weakness
Jul 8, 2008
While I'm leaning towards the Sith, I suspect I'll end up on the Republic.

But as I've said before, it all comes down to the races available. Appearance is a huge factor for me in MMO's, and hopefully Twi'leks will be available, or I might not play at all. I do suspect most will go Sith, and thus it will probably be harder to start off as the Republic, and I do hope Bioware will have somesort of balance going on at least as far as PvP goes.

I can be Sith all I want on the KOTOR games anyway.

TimbukTurnip

Jan 3, 2009
I chose sith, but im not sure i will go sith when the game comes out. I expect most people will be sith, plus i can't be evil in games. It's mainly the dark side powers i want, if i had those but was a good guy i'd be happy.

Kirkby

May 3, 2010
I heard somewhere (i think on this very website) that there gonna try and make the Sith seem less evil and more misunderstood, id b very interested in finding out how on earth there gonna do that

I could of just dreamt that fact up mind u, im like that....

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
I'm a goody two shoes, so Galactic Empire all the while! =) And Jedi, of course. Can't beat the power of the Force!

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
I couldn't be evil, and Smugglers just seem kinda awesome, so I'm starting out as one of them.

Rhino of Steel

Sep 29, 2008
I generally always play as the good guy first so Republic at least for my initial character. That said, they are trying to make the Sith less cartoonishly evil so I may change my mind. Bounty Hunters are certainly calling to me after all.

Kiefer13

Wizzard
Jul 31, 2008
The Sith. Especially if they're planning on making them more morally ambiguous and less cartoonishly over the top evil.