BioWare Announces New Mass Effect Expansion

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
BioWare Announces New Mass Effect Expansion

Mass Effect [http://www.bioware.com/], a downloadable content pack called Bring Down the Sky.

In an Xbox Live Marketplace [http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=616574&forum=104] on March 10 at 2:00 a.m. PST, for 400 Microsoft points. The DLC will be the first in a series of new content that will expand the Mass Effect universe and let gamers follow the exploits of Cmmander Shepard and his crew even further.

Bring Down the Sky will include a new world populated by the Batarians, a "notorious and feared" alien race. When the Batarians hijack a mobile asteroid station and set it on a collision course with the colony planet Terra Nova, it will be up to Commander Shepard and the intrepid crew of the Normandy to stop the attack and save millions of innocent lives. The add-on will offer roughly 90 minutes of new action, as well as a new Achievement worth 50 Gamerscore points.

More information about Bring Down the Sky, as well as an ongoing discussion thread, is available at the official BioWare forums [http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=616575&forum=104].

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Why would you put a space station on a asteroid in the first place? Anyway it souds pretty damn cool. I have to plug my 360 into Live now.

Haliwali

Jan 29, 2008
PurpleRain said:
Why would you put a space station on a asteroid in the first place? Anyway it souds pretty damn cool. I have to plug my 360 into Live now.
Well mining is the first thing that comes to mind...
And the Terra Nova?!?! That was the nome of the standardized test I had to take in elementary school. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

ArchAnemone

Sep 19, 2007
Seems a little expensive to me for 90 minutes worth... BioWare sells entire campaigns for NWN for little more than that. And the Oblivion DLC packs were a bit less...

Daz

Dec 17, 2007
YAY! Been a bloody long time coming, MAss Effect got boring after the millionth playthrough but i kept it waiting for that sweet downlaodable ocntent and the awesome Batarians yay!

DeadMG

Oct 1, 2007
Crysis was pretty damn godlike, and the Zero Punctuation of the game didn't make it seem appealing, even after allowing for the fact it was ZP. Nobody I know actually liked the game. I really enjoyed actually playing Crysis with the ultra high settings mod (no AA though) and it was great visuals with great fun gameplay.

Mr Wednesday

Jan 22, 2008
sammyfreak said:
Mr Wednesday said:
sammyfreak said:
Mr Wednesday said:
Gah, where's the damn PC version.
*gloat*
Crysis.

(admitedly just on medium settings, but can't have the world now :p)

*gloat*

Amazing Roleplaying game versus a slightly above average FPS that i dident care to finish. Poor Xbox owners.
Meh, that's your take.

My own, that Crysis was outstanding, ranking just a little below Half Life 2, but certainly not just "above average".
I enjoyed it more than Bioshock.

As to Mass effect, well, its a loss, but I've not seen Dragon Age announced on anything other than PC yet. I suppose this will change in time.

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
It is unlike Bioware to not release a game for the xbox.

Besides i dident mean to start a PC vs console discussion, was just making a snide remark.

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
Damn I knew this would happen. The games been out for 5 months and Bioware is allready trying to take our hard earned 400 MP to fill up a game that had far to little side quests in it to begin with.

I'm going to have to say no to this expansion.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
I hope they also open up the citadel a little bit more. It has so many elevators and doors that can't be opened, so I'm assuming with more and more addons they're eventually going to open them up.

Gah! 20 something days is way to long!