Final Fantasy Versus XIII Could Come to Xbox 360, Too

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Final Fantasy Versus XIII Could Come to Xbox 360, Too

Final Fantasy XIII may have gone multiplatform, but at least PS3 owners still have Versus XIII as an exclusive, right? Maybe, maybe not.

If you can think back a couple of years to when it was announced that too betrayed [http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=76617].

"It's all right," the Sony diehards assured themselves. "The Xbox 360 plebians are just getting the crappy multiplatform game. Right now, Square-Enix mastermind Tetsuya Nomura is working on Final Fantasy Versus XIII, the real continuation of the series - and it's just for the PS3!"

Unfortunately for them, it's now entirely possible that the next time we glimpse the long-dormant Versus XIII, it might no longer be a platform exclusive. Oh sure, while all of the official material still says that it's PS3-only, Squeenix big boss Yoichi Wada didn't seem quite so sure of that in a Q&A following an investors' meeting in Tokyo.

Considering that the multiplatform release of FF13 outside of Japan paid off big for Square-Enix - the game has been the fastest-selling Final Fantasy to date [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/99276-Final-Fantasy-XIII-Is-the-Fastest-Selling-Final-Fantasy] - an investor asked Wada if the company was considering something similar for Versus.

"We'll be looking into it internally until right before the formal announcement," replied Wada - as non-committal of an answer as he could possibly give, really. Said formal announcement is expected at E3 2010 next month, though project lead Nomura has cast some doubt on that [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/98385-Final-Fantasy-Versus-XIII-Might-Be-an-E3-No-Show].

The odds are still in your favor, PS3 owners: It was planned as a PS3 exclusive, and Wada's answer essentially boils down to "We'll think about it." But they are thinking about it - and you might just want to prepare yourselves for the worst. For everyone who doesn't own a PS3, though, it's potentially great news! You win some, you lose some, I guess.

(Andriasang [http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20100518_367940.html])

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
ugh... not that I would be mad if it did, but if they did it probably would be delayed...

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
John Funk said:
and you might just want to prepare yourselves for the worst.
My god... you... you mean...

A game will be fairly distributed over two consoles!?

I MUST BOYCOTT THIS SHIT!

OmegaXzors

Apr 4, 2010
Well, it kind of annoys me that the PS3 loses another exclusive but rather than fanboy rage, do whatever it takes to make the game come out faster.

the_tramp

May 16, 2008
This was one of the reasons why I was considering getting a PS3, we'll have to wait and see won't we and either way it'll be a win:win for me as I'll either save money by getting for the Xbox360 or buying a PS3 when it is confirmed (/REconfirmed!?) as an exclusive closer to the time of release and the PS3'll be cheaper.

sougo13

Sep 11, 2009
WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!!?

Seriously, I don't care what platform the game end up in as long as Square release their 360 games on the PS3 like they're suppose to.

*look at Last Remnant and still waiting patiently*

SavingPrincess

Bringin' Text-y Back
Feb 17, 2010
sougo13 said:
Seriously, I don't care what platform the game end up in as long as Square release their 360 games on the PS3 like they're suppose to.
Don't worry, you're not missing much.

sougo13

Sep 11, 2009
SavingPrincess said:
sougo13 said:
Don't worry, you're not missing much.
Oh I got the game on 360. It's just that the PS3 version is supose to be an improvement like the PC version. I know the game have its flaws but it is my second favourite RPG of this gen. First is FFXIII.

Blanks

Mar 17, 2009
I would no problems with this how is making a game accessible to a bigger audience bad?
cousinletsgobowling said:
Meh thats all i have to say.I don't like this game.The charectors were all annoying exept sazh and the OMGROFLWTFOMGBBQLMAOAMAZING GRAPPPPPHHHHHHICSSSS weren't that good.I'm not too bothered
The only thing that 'Versus 13' has in common with '13' is that their set in the same world, characters and story are completely different

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
Oh no! A game becoming accessible to more people! Heresy!

Actually, I'm pretty pumped for Versus, I want my airship back damn it!

sougo13

Sep 11, 2009
s69-5 said:
cousinletsgobowling said:
Meh thats all i have to say.I don't like this game.The charectors were all annoying exept sazh and the OMGROFLWTFOMGBBQLMAOAMAZING GRAPPPPPHHHHHHICSSSS weren't that good.I'm not too bothered
Not the same characters, not the same game.

Whether you liked the gameplay or not, the PS3 version of FFXIII's graphics blew every other game out of the water.
Definately no argument here.

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
teehee, I hope this happens just to see the ps3 fantards cries of pain. The fact they were literally in tears when 13 went multiplat is just sad to say the least. This might drive a few to suicide. Here's hoping.

ultimasupersaiyan

Dec 9, 2008
I was expecting this because of the fact Final Fantasy XIII went multiplatform. I bet the same thing will happen with the 360 version for this too. PS3 owners will still win overall with a better version but lets face it, if you want to make money in the gaming industry you have to go multiplatform... that or Nintendo. Anyway I'm not too fussed because I'm waiting for more info on 'The Last Story' from Mistwalker at E3. Final Fantasy XIII was good and I'm sure Verus XIII will be too but I'd like more new traditional JRPG IPs to come out instead.

Ben Legend

Apr 16, 2009
ermmm... good? The more the merrier, it its really the continuation of the series as Nomura puts it, then putting it on more consoles is surely the way to go.

However, if it will be PS3 exclusive then hell yeah. I can still get it. Besides, I always though Versus XIII looked better than XIII.

Dorkmaster Flek

Mar 13, 2008
Oh boy, I really hope that's true. Not because I actually care about playing FF13, but because the resulting fanboy shitstorm over the regular FF13 was one of the funniest things ever. I can only imagine what would happen if this turns out to be true as well.