Interview of the Dead

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Interview of the Dead

MovieBob picks horror legend George Romero's brains about his latest film, Survival of the Dead.

Read Full Article

arkwright

Apr 1, 2009
Has he ever thought of making a straight-up comedy?

I'd love to do it! I've pitched for years... basically I wanted to do Coyote and the Roadrunner but with one human and one zombie. It'd be just one gag after another. But I just can't find the funding! [as if on-cue, the entire table of assembled journalists reach for their wallets, asking how much he'd need. Most of us probably aren't kidding.]

hell, even id donate to that cause.

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
His feelings on fast vs. slow zombies?

I forgive them if they're not dead. So... 28 Days Later, I guess is okay. Because it's a disease.

What a perfect question to ask, and a good answer as well!

I always thought the slow, stumbling zombie made for a better horror. It always seemed to symbolize the slow yet unstoppable quality of a zombie plague.

The Partisan

Nov 18, 2009
"Coyote and the Roadrunner but with one human and one zombie"
"Can't find the funding!"

IDEA!

Online Fan Charity to donate and raise money for this film.
Call it: "Fundraiser of The Dead"

arkwright

Apr 1, 2009
The Partisan said:

IDEA!

i like your thinking my friend.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I don't understand why this man's films are so revered...

But I do know a good interview when I see one.

electric discordian

Apr 27, 2008
Has this not been out on DVD in the U.K for about 3 month's? I'm sure I saw it in a local Tesco for about £3.00 didn't have that on me at the time or I would own it!

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
I don't understand why this man's films are so revered...

But I do know a good interview when I see one.
Aye, excellent intervierw...and, as for Romero...I think its mainly because he was the first mainstream guy...and for some reason that makes him epic? Thats my theory anyway

Malkavian

Jan 22, 2009
MovieBob said:
One of those possibilities is his newest zombie entry, Survival of The Dead, the first in a (hoped for) series of spin-offs following minor characters from Diary - in this case a rouge team of soldiers
Heh. A slight but somewhat hilarous typo. I'm imagining soldiers in stilettos and coctaildresses now.

But good interview MovieBob, an interesting read. And gratz on getting the interview. I don't know how well known you are in the industry, or how easy it is getting and interview like this, but if this means your career is "on the rise", then congratulations.

Deofuta said:
I always thought the slow, stumbling zombie made for a better horror. It always seemed to symbolize the slow yet unstoppable quality of a zombie plague.
Aye, I agree. the slow moving zombies are somewhat more menacing in that while they are slow, their sheer numbers and relentlessness will still get you in the end. Ever so slowly.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
The Partisan said:

IDEA!

I've got quite a bit saved up [probably shouldn't mention how much I guess] and would gladly give it all to see a zombie-comedy by Romero...of course I'd also like to appear as a zombie and get a credit as some kind but that's all arbitrary: The important thing is to get that movie made.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
Congrats, Bob.
I'd donate for that roadrunner/coyote but with a zombie and human movie.

Tharticus

Dec 10, 2008
Great interview. A zombie comedy? Shaun of the Dead. But a Road Runner/Coyote? I support that idea.

And yeah, the fast zombies were from 28 days later. Genre is changing as always.

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
The Partisan said:
+1 internets for you.

I would defiantly donate to that.

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
I'd like to take a moment and say that there, George Romero does not give a shit if zombies are fast or not. Now maybe people can stop bitching and say "they aren't real zombies HURDUR"

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
I love George Romero, but I love reading and watching him more. I have a documentary about Midnight Movies, and every time I watch it, I get really excited; Seeing him [Romero] so full of life talking about his passion is just awesome.

George A. Romero is one of the Godfathers of Modern Day Cinema, and easily one of my favorite Godfathers (John Waters sits in the pantheon of Godfathers of Cinema as all time favorite).

And I'm more than on board to watch a Romero Comedy. Tell me where to sign, I'll put up cash for it.

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
Awesome interview piece Bob. I wish I could have been there...

I would donate to get the Roadrunner Zombie movie made as well...

LunarTick

Mar 1, 2010
Longshot said:
Deofuta said:
Aye, I agree. the slow moving zombies are somewhat more menacing in that while they are slow, their sheer numbers and relentlessness will still get you in the end. Ever so slowly.
And it allows for their victims to get overconfident before they get eaten. Hooray for hubris!

stompythebeast

Orbital Drop Shock Trooper
May 6, 2008
im a huge fan of GR's older films up to 'Land', but Diary and Survival were just plain bad in my opinion. I dont know why, but its like he is keeping the same direction he took in Land with the zombies evolving and adapting to new sources of food, and i hate it! Anyway, i hope he keeps making movies, he is very creative even if i didnt like his last 2 films.