Fable III Confirmed for PC

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Fable III Confirmed for PC

Fable III will be headed to PCs after all - but if you want the fancy-shmancy Collector's Edition, you'll need to grab it for the Xbox 360.

A week ago, we wondered if Fable III would be heading to the PC [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/100682-Does-the-Fable-III-Box-Art-Confirm-a-PC-Version]. Today, we learned that the answer was "yep."

According to publisher Microsoft, the PC version will be available at retail alongside the Xbox 360 edition, but if digital distribution is your thing, you'll have to go through Games for Windows Live - no Steam, Direct2Drive, or Impulse for you!

Microsoft also announced that it would be making a special Collector's Edition of Fable III, though it would only be for the Xbox 360 version of the game. The standard [http://www.amazon.com/Fable-III-Collectors-Xbox-360/dp/B002I0H7U6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1276706518&sr=1-2] $59.99 (£49.99) and $49.99 (£39.99) prices for the Xbox 360 and PC editions, respectively. If you feel like plunking down 80 smackers on the limited edition, you'll get:

[blockquote] * A new quest: Uncover the mystery of the haunted forests of Silverpines and earn the legendary sword, Wolfsbane, deadly against wolves and balverines.
* Exclusive location: Unlock a new region, ideal for settling down with a family and discovering new treasures.
* Fable III playing cards: Created by Lionhead, these cards depict every type of character in Fable III, including Heroes, royals, rebels and villains from across Albion and beyond.
* Guild Seal Coin: The coin features a Good side (blue) and Evil side (red) to assist players in making critical decisions that will impact the fate of the world forever.
* A new dog breed: Renowned for its loyalty, the Boxer is a brave canine companion worthy of greatest Queens and Kings.
* One unique outfit: Unearth one male and female outfit from the mysterious, faraway land of Aurora, a new destination in your Fable III adventures.
[/blockquote]

PC users may not get the special edition, but the very fact that the game is coming out for Windows makes it a step up from Natal elements [http://www.amazon.com/Fable-II-Xbox-360/dp/B000FRVAD4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1276706566&sr=1-1]?

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
And as I said in the user created thread, I will now give a better post!

I am happy that they have decided to give a PC release. I find it much more enjoyable to play RPG's on the PC, as well as the near unlimited modding content available for (most) PC games.

Snor

Mar 17, 2009
maybe someone can mod everything so that fable 3 will actually have what peter molyneux will be promising it will have

Apr 28, 2008
Hm... I don't know. I'm glad its coming out for the PC, and that opens up a wealth of options if there will be mods for it. But to get all that I'll have to deal with Games for Windows Live... and after Fallout 3, I really, really don't want to deal with Games for Windows Live.

If the game is moddable, I may get it on the PC. But if not, its the 360 for me.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Ll at least theyvare getting a release. I winder how shny it will look on PC!

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
They said Natal works on the PC, you know? USB ports and all.

Also, I think I may get the special edition, just cos it looks so coooool.

Also, you know this means a lot more people is going to buy it, since I see a lot of people on the PC wanting it.

Ringwraith

Absolutely Useless
Jan 15, 2009
Really happy about this, however, still no Fable II for PC, which I've had some great fun with even with the small amount of time I've had with it, and putting a quest, (and the other things, but mostly the quest), into a console-exclusive collector's edition? That's just unfair.

I do really want Fable II on PC, really really do. Makes little sense to leave out the middle entry in a series...

DarkHuntress

Apr 8, 2010
Why no Fable 3 on PS3? Course after the PS3 firmware update killed some games. I guess I can understand.

Centrophy

Dec 24, 2009
The Natal is purported to be software, right? So if that's the case it should work with a camera of some sort. I doubt they'll do that, but it's just a theory. As it stands I think they'll either completely remove the Natal bits or perhaps integrate a gesture system through the mouse, ala Black and White. Perhaps even emulate the functions that the Natal calls upon, like spell selection or gestures to mapped keys or the mouse.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Games for Windows Live?

Yeah, awesome. No thanks. If I ever buy the game, I'll use a crack so I don't have to deal with that sort of crap.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
I know the point is the PC version, but I was never going to get the PC version (my PC is for internet and Photoshop only really).

So I'm choosing focus on the limited edition goodies.

I got the limited edition for 2 hoping I was going to get some fate cards and a Hobbe figurine...

What did I get? a dungeon, a weak ass sword and a DVD full of dev diaries I could watch online for free whenever I wanted.

So... Provided those goodies don't change I'll consider forking over the extra money again
('cos I'm fairly certain it's known that I'm getting the game regardless of what hype or negative press goes into it).

Or! If they improve them... Compared to the limited edition for 2, that is pretty sexy stuff they're giving out, but They've done better than all of that with DLC...

(Knothole Island, not See the future... See the future is was a waste of time and money to tell me what I already figured would happen...)

Throw in those Hobbe figurines we were promised for the last limited edition and maybe we'll have a sale...

DarkHuntress said:
Why no Fable 3 on PS3? Course after the PS3 firmware update killed some games. I guess I can understand.
Because the Fable series is Windows exclusive.

RyQ_TMC

Apr 24, 2009
I'm surprised it even gets another sequel, seeing how 1 was a bit of a disappointment and 2 didn't sell very well... I mean, I know there are people out there who love this series - I enjoyed Fable 1 myself - but I thought it doesn't have much selling potential at this point.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
DarkHuntress said:
Being published by Microsoft might have something to do with that :)

Anachronism

Apr 9, 2009
John Funk said:
Guild Seal Coin: The coin features a Good side (blue) and Evil side (red) to assist players in making critical decisions that will impact the fate of the world forever.
Should we be concerned that not only are the developers admitting that the game's moral choices will be simply save kitten/ eat kitten, but are actually encouraging players not to think about them, but to decide them by flipping a coin?

DividedUnity

Oct 19, 2009
Damn. I hope the specs are light enough for this because I dont have a working xbox and I really want to play this game.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Totally unappealing extras for that *cough* better edition.
Fits with the unappealing feel I get when I think of the non-game that was most of Fable 2.
I sold my collector's edition for that to a local gamestore two days ago...
A gift from my brother, sadly.