Question of the Day, May 24, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, May 24, 2010

A recent survey asked kids what they liked better: Earth or videogames. Forget about the impossibility of such a statement for a second (can't play videogames without an Earth), and make a choice.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
As much as I like videogames, I love Terra more. So much beauty to behold.
Also, without Terra, there would be no Terrans, and no videogames. But more importantly, no Terrans.
We can't deprive the universe of Terrans. That would be unfair.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
So what... imagination vs reality? Imagination... actually screw that reality is always weirder. I WANT TO CHANGE MY VOTE.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
I prefer video games. I don't know why, I just do. When I look at the natural beauty of this planet all I feel is meh.

evilninja60

Feb 22, 2009
vid games cause i don't really care about the earth and i plan on destroying it in a couple of years muhahahaha

LadyCatra

Princess TLDR
Nov 20, 2009
I said Earth, of course. But, then wondered if I was just saying that because it was the "right" thing to do. Hmmmmm. What an odd question.

Daveman said:
So what... imagination vs reality? Imagination... actually screw that reality is always weirder. I WANT TO CHANGE MY VOTE.
I like your spin on this!

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
I voted videogames because my general view with regards to the Earth is that its a bit ego-tistical to think that Humans that have been around for 100,000 years or so, could destroy a planet thats been here for 4 billion. Also, nature hates me :(

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Uh, hello? You can't live on a video game console. It's too small, and larger hard drives are stupid expensive. The Earth on the other hand has trillions of terabytes.

...Puns!

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
Videogames of course!

We won't need earth anymore, as soon as those space-center people like the ones at NASA or ESA realize we can just live on space-stations.

It will need to be big space stations though, there won't be only room needed for a few billion people to live, but also for farming grounds and forests and whatever else is needed to support life on the space-stations forever.

sunburst

Media Snob
Mar 19, 2010
Furburt said:
Plus, no videogame yet has beat a sunset.
I assume Kratos will get to that soon enough.

I vote video games because they let me escape from an Earth where people run such stupid surveys.