Critical Miss: #6

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008

The real reason why we'll likely never see a Final Fantasy VII remake.

Read Full Article

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Yup, pretty funny.
Although the tagline is a bit misleading. Imo, even the horrors of "realizing your own descending into mediocrity" can't compare to "money".

Apr 28, 2008
hehe, that was funny.

I'm surprised they haven't remade it yet.

A remake would be good for everyone.

The fans get their game.
Square gets mountains of money.
And the rest of us will finally be able to live in a world where we don't have to hear everyone beg for a remake.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
lol ok this one was good

they arent remaking it because they are still making money pplz

the second they become irrelevant they will announce the remake of FF7 :D cause as the comic points out. MONEYZ!

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Yeah, FF7 would sell. Not only to the fans of the game/series, but to all the people who've been suffering through the worship tossed at the game without having any idea what the big deal is and wanting to check it out. Also, the new generation who were too young the first time around, and would get sucked into the hype event horizon. I'm fairly certain there'd be teams of fans dressed as Cloud/Sephiroth going around with guns and forcing people to buy the remake.

And then they'd start demanding another remake...

jackanderson

Sep 7, 2008
Loved that one. Keep up the, frankly, excellent work!

May I also announce that FF7 and the Kingdom Hearts series are the only JRPG's I've ever liked. But don't give us a damn remake. I personally don't think it'd work. Plus, people would find a way to cock it up, like most remakes.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
Honestly, I want to see a remake, but then I think that nobody would like it. I think FF7 was one of those games we look back on and think "OMG THAT WAS THE BEST GAME EVAR!" even though it had a lot of things that we'd likely find a little stupid now. FF7 was the game that got me into gaming though, and I'd buy the remake in a heartbeat, as would everyone else in the gaming community.

Brainst0rm

Apr 8, 2010
Epic! Truly epic. Although I wouldn't say it's such a bad translation. It's not perfect, but the difference between good enough writing and perfect is non-existent to most people (especially when playing video games)

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
If they remade the game a couple of things would need to change, for example I find it annoying that when I have a limit break if I want to do a normal attack I have to use that limit break, when at times I might want to save it for a later battle.

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
jackanderson said:
Loved that one. Keep up the, frankly, excellent work!

May I also announce that FF7 and the Kingdom Hearts series are the only JRPG's I've ever liked. But don't give us a damn remake. I personally don't think it'd work. Plus, people would find a way to cock it up, like most remakes.
I don't know dude, Square's Final Fantasy Tactics remake arguably did nothing but improve the game.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
As I said a while ago, it must be hard to make tons of games and still have a large portion of your most loyal fans care only about something you made more than a decade ago.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Scary fact is it is true too...hehe. For many FF fans (Even myself) 7 represents everything which is epic and awesome for FF

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
This was very funny. I just chimed in to say that the reason I laughed at this one was because the punchline was in the fourth panel, not the third panel followed by an anticlimactic fourth panel as has been the case for the last couple of comics. Keep it up.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Would this topic just die already? I think they've made it pretty clear that it's just not happening. I don't even get why people want a remake so much. Playstation-era graphics just not good enough for you? Jeez, your eyes must bleed whenever you see a picture of space invaders or pac-man or whatever. It's starting to turn into a sort of pseudo-Duke Nukem Forever situation; the game that everyone still kinda expects, but that never comes.

Then again, they still make comics about Duke Nukem, so it's fair cop where humour is concerned. An okay comic, but not the best. I look forward to more.