4PM Review - Go Home, You're Drunk

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
I watched your video on this yesterday. Oh god, why... How is this a thing? It really is ugly as hell. That dance animation was fun too. And by fun, I mean agonizing.

saxman234

Nov 23, 2011
The Feast said:
Just watch the Destructoid review of this game, in which, they gave the score a 7.0. That is WWWWAAAAYYYY too contradicting.
If you watch Jim Serling's excellent Squirty play, you will see what this game deserves.

zvate

Aug 12, 2010
Loved the recommendation and since I've also seen the squirty play I must say I fully agree with it.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
I did watch a short gameplay video of it recently, but i didn't realise that it was the whole game in there until i read Jim's review.. I regret wasting time on that video and i feel pity for anyone who had to actually play it.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
The Feast said:
Just watch the Destructoid review of this game, in which, they gave the score a 7.0. That is WWWWAAAAYYYY too contradicting.
Jim must be pretty glad to not be part of that site anymore. Though i'm sure they could benefit from some quality education, upon his hypothetical return.

saxman234 said:
If you watch Jim Serling's excellent Squirty play
You're lucky i wasn't drinking milk, sir. Was not expecting such a sentence!

OT. I have in the past had to deal with personal alcoholism for various reasons...this game sounds more like it was written by someone who only knew alcoholics they dont like and definately dont understand;

1. You dont just not realise you dont have enough alcohol to get through work... you either get enough beforehand, drink slower or just deal with it.

2. You dont forget every night because you been drinking...in fact in my experience its mostly non-regular drinkers that get memory loss. I have only ever had it twice and that was really through dangerous levels of intake. You can forget some stuff but no more than the usual easily distracted human.

3. Alcoholism is usually due to some really personal issues. It sounds like the game doesnt know this...isnt interested and just wants to tell everyone that alcoholics are bad people. They should be exploring WHY this woman is an alcohlic!

If games want to do this...fallout did it best where you still had really important goals to accomplish yet the addiction is more a side interference. Though you do choose whether or not to get involved.

Slash2x

Dec 7, 2009
Jimothy Sterling said:
StraightToHeck said:
isn't the lowest score on the Escapist a half-star?

Jim, are you saying there's something this game did correctly?
It basically wasn't so awful that I had to quit halfway through. That's generally what the Half Star is for.

If this game was more than half hour long, it might have gone worse for it. :)
HOLY SHIT BALLS!!! They made the game so short you were tricked into finishing it!?
Either the developer is a moron or a genius.