5 Actors Who Could Play "Alien" Androids

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
5 Actors Who Could Play "Alien" Androids

The Alien franchise has seen some terrific portrayals of androids: the murderous medical officer Ash, the "nice guy" Bishop, and the dutiful "son" David. What other actors can nail the complexities of playing an android?

Read Full Article

Gutsripper

Aug 23, 2010
thaluikhain said:
So...Alien Resurrection doesn't count now? Fair enough.
I thought the same thing.
I know it wasn't the best one but are we just ignoring it now?

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
Honestly, I think an unknown (but talented) actor should be the next android, if they go with the "synthetics are as alien and unpredictable as the Xenomorphs" angle. The audience spent most of the movie wondering about the true nature of Bishop's character, with signals the he could or could not be trusted. A well known actor might be able to pull this off well, too, but a new face may add to the inhuman feeling the audience experiences.
Gutsripper said:
thaluikhain said:
So...Alien Resurrection doesn't count now? Fair enough.
I thought the same thing.
I know it wasn't the best one but are we just ignoring it now?
I noticed it was blatantly ignored, too. It has its faults, but even with Michael Fassbender's great performance, Prometheus did the franchise even less justice. Whedon writes some weird stuff, but at least most of the movie is dumb fun. Prometheus was mostly questioning how the people onscreen became the top scientist in their fields (and lots of head-desking).

Synigma

Dec 24, 2014
I started writing out an idea where the android spaces an entire crew because one of them gets face-hugged... but then realized I was basically just describing Hal.

I wonder what the root of our fascination with AI type characters is?

Anwyay, I would love to see Cumberbatch or Pike though, or maybe both! Have them play off each other, manipulating the crew like some kind of android territory war going on in the background while there are aliens running around...