5 Actors Who Should Play Nathan Drake

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
5 Actors Who Should Play Nathan Drake

Who will play Nathan Drake might be the biggest subject of contention, in terms of (still completely hypothetical) video game movie adaptations.

Read Full Article

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
How bout, oh, Nolan North? Just ya know, remove what little gameplay from literally any of the games, BAM, movie. Or is the movie going to actually be a fun video game that occasionally remembers its a movie?

Hate for Uncharted aside, if I DID actually like the series, Id probably still prefer Nolan North who looks close enough, sounds literally the part, and knows the character. Also let the Uncharted writers write the movie, since knowing movies, they didn't, even though they would be the most able at writing the thing. Again, hate aside, its not like the makers don't know movies, so using other people doesn't make sense to me.

Spider RedNight

There are holes in my brain
Oct 8, 2011
I wouldn't mind Jensen Ackles too bad if they couldn't get Nolan in the part.

Can't say I agree with Zachary Levi but that's just personal preference (as in, the three things I've seen him in I was like "eh") but yeah, I second that Nolan should play the part. Just like I really hope they were kidding about the "Last of Us" movie because I don't wanna see Not-Troy Baker and, who, Ellen Paige(ugh) in it. I like Troy. I like Nolan. I think Nolan was a really awesome Nathan Drake.

I mean... c'mon. LOOK at him.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Spider RedNight said:

Can't say I agree with Zachary Levi but that's just personal preference (as in, the three things I've seen him in I was like "eh") but yeah, I second that Nolan should play the part. Just like I really hope they were kidding about the "Last of Us" movie because I don't wanna see Not-Troy Baker and, who, Ellen Paige(ugh) in it. I like Troy. I like Nolan. I think Nolan was a really awesome Nathan Drake.

Looking at the clip, looks like North could do it but I agree with you, Jensen Ackles, I think, is around the right age, look and can act well enough given a good script and director. But the movie will have to survive on its own merit. The game Doom was amazing. The movie missed the boat. In the end, they are two different media. As comic books and movies are. It can succeed. Just do it right.

Spider RedNight

Oct 8, 2011
Gorfias said:
Spider RedNight said:

Looking at the clip, looks like North could do it but I agree with you, Jensen Ackles, I think, is around the right age, look and can act well enough given a good script and director. But the movie will have to survive on its own merit. The game Doom was amazing. The movie missed the boat. In the end, they are two different media. As comic books and movies are. It can succeed. Just do it right.
Definitely. After the Silent Hill movies (that series is my favourite so I was a little too excited for the movie), I know better than to really expect movie adaptations to be on par with games. -cough cough Mortal Kombat cough-

Wait... that being said, DON'T GET UWE BOLL, WHATEVER THEY DO

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
All pretty good choices, cept maybe Zachary Levi. Dude still looks like he's 19.

Also, Nolan North is getting a bit old... I'm not sure he could play a young Nate.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Why not Chris Pratt?

As you can see, he's practically auditioning for the part in Jurassic World.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Spider RedNight said:
Definitely. After the Silent Hill movies (that series is my favourite so I was a little too excited for the movie), I know better than to really expect movie adaptations to be on par with games. -cough cough Mortal Kombat cough-

How does Uwe get work?!?!?

I liked both of the Silent Hill movies. Imperfect but fun. Escapist hosted a fun piece about Prince of Persia. It was found to be OK, but as the game is an adaptation of Sinbad movies, the Prince movie was as much an homage to those as to the games so it doesn't count. Have you seen this trailer?

Spider RedNight

Oct 8, 2011
Gorfias said:
Spider RedNight said:

How does Uwe get work?!?!?

I liked both of the Silent Hill movies. Imperfect but fun. Escapist hosted a fun piece about Prince of Persia. It was found to be OK, but as the game is an adaptation of Sinbad movies, the Prince movie was as much an homage to those as to the games so it doesn't count. Have you seen this trailer?
Yeahhhhhh I have but I'm a little dubious because if anything, it doesn't look like a "game" I'd enjoy xD I'm surprised it took them as long as it did to make a movie based on the FPS concept, though

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Spider RedNight said:
Yeahhhhhh I have but I'm a little dubious because if anything, it doesn't look like a "game" I'd enjoy xD I'm surprised it took them as long as it did to make a movie based on the FPS concept, though
Doom had a brief scene where the hero is given a shot of super Adrenalin that has a few fun minutes like this. This thing will be an entire movie feature rather than a small clip. Wonder if it will get old quick.

Can't wait for Uncharted 4. He does look a bit more like North in the trailer's I've seen. Older, more imperfect human looking than male model. Reason to get a PS4.

Spider RedNight

Oct 8, 2011
Gorfias said:
Spider RedNight said:
Doom had a brief scene where the hero is given a shot of super Adrenalin that has a few fun minutes like this. This thing will be an entire movie feature rather than a small clip. Wonder if it will get old quick.

Can't wait for Uncharted 4. He does look a bit more like North in the trailer's I've seen. Older, more imperfect human looking than male model. Reason to get a PS4.
Oh, hah. I was looking forward to it because Troy Baker plays his brother But yeah, I've been wanting a PS4 for awhile now - I'm just glad I didn't cave and buy one when they announced Silent Hills (I almost made the same mistake with a PS3 and The Last Guardian).

Perhaps I should put a little more faith in Naughty Dog's direction though... Last of Us would've worked well as a movie(preferences for not watching not-Troy and Ashley Johnson as their respective roles aside) so perhaps a movie about Nathan Drake wouldn't be TOO bad. I still dunno though, I might just skip out on it regardless.