5 Bands to Save

aruseusx

Apr 22, 2009
halo3rulzer said:
1: Avenged Sevenfold (and I would request James "The Rev" Sullivan to be revived along with them) (James Sullivan was the drummer and background vocalist for Avenged Sevenfold and if you didn't know that then I give you 2 options. You can either A: Jump off a bridge, or B: Go Kurt Cobain and paint the wall with your brains)
2: Bullet For My Valentine (My Fist, Your Mouth, Her Scars!)
3: Disturbed (INDESTRUCTIBLE)
4: All That Remains (Six and Not Alone were and still are EPIC songs!)
5: System of a Down

!!!R.I.P THE REV!!!
I know who The Rev is but I never saw anything amazing in his drumming so nah nah I can live and continue hating a7x.

Savory said:
1. Misery Index
2. Anaal Nathrakh
3. Behemoth
4. Dark Tranquility
5. Deftones

So... If I was God, then Behemoth would be pretty much against me and Anaal Nathrakh would be the soundtrack to the end of the world.
Behemoth is amazing drumming. Anaal Nathrakh would definetly sound like that. (Incipid Flock is awesome.)

OT
1 Death (Before all others)
2 Bathory
3 Hellhammers bands (Mayhem, Arcturus, Emperor, Immortal, basically every awesome Norweigian band)
4 Behemoth
5 Megadeth

Poomanchu745

Sep 11, 2009
Between the Buried and Me
Protest the Hero
August Burns Red
Circa Survive
Misery Signals

Ya metal and metalcore FTW. O and Circa Survive because Anthony Green has the most orgasmic voice in the history of the world.

JBarracudaL

Nov 15, 2008
Yesiamaduck said:
I totally forgot about Dirty Three <33333333333 and Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds

Au Revoir Simone make purty music too :D
Dirty Three are my lords and saviors. Au Revoir Simone are the second best Dream Pop band on the planet. His Name is Alive are first. ARS create some pretty music, but also some highly dreary, moving, and skeletal music that makes intelligent use of their simplistic roster. That band's musical craftsmanship far exceeds the comprehension of most people.

HitsWithStyxx

Nov 26, 2009
Darkblazer said:
HitsWithStyxx said:
Darkblazer said:
Because I know you guys would all love my choice :)

1: Forever The Sickest Kids
2: Hit The Lights
3: Set It Off
4: A Day To Remember
5: All Time Low

I like pop-punk...
Sorry, (no offence) but they aren't "pop-punk". Pop-Punk is stuff like Green Day, Sum 41, Blink 182, etc. Your selection is very "Emo", and I don't mean the social stereotype, I mean the music style.

OT:
1) Alter Bridge
2) Iron Maiden
3) Fleetwood Mac (In they're heyday; Stevie Nicks was very hot back then)
4) Them Crooked Vultures
5) The Cure (WIN)

"All Time Low is a pop punk band from Lutherville-Timonium, Maryland, that formed in 2003."
Set it Off genres on their myspace are "pop-punk"
Forever The Sickest Kids are rock/powerpop, powerpop being pretty similar to pop-punk
A Day To Remember are post hardcore, that's an exception I guess, but the vocalist still has the voice for it
Hit the Lights is a pop punk band from Lima, Ohio.

Just about all of these bands are Pop-punk, did you even check before you made a reply?
Yeah, sorry about that man. I was in a pissy mood when I posted that. I guess they are pop-punk, just leaning more towards that pop side though, imo.

Didn't mean to offend :)

Darth Pope

Jun 30, 2009
Trivum
Metallica
Threat Signal
Five Finger Death Punch
Universum

The most awesome Metal bands to walk the Earth as far as I'm concerned.

Lester.

Jan 19, 2010
Oasis
Stone Roses
The Verve
Enter Shikari (I have a very specific reason for this^^)
Dire Straits

Cimerax

Jan 10, 2010
teh_pwning_dude said:
Cimerax said:
Are you dissin' me? Dude, I just REALLY like those bands. Not quite my fault that it appeals to me...
No I am not dissing you, I was asking if you're what mallcore is. Someone once told me that mallcore is someone who listens to the music you like. We don't even have a word called "mallcore" where I am. I'm trying to work out what it means and what the people are like. Easily offended seems like a start.
Sorry, I thought you were trying to insult me. I'm used to being insulted by people that call me "mallcore"
Again, my apologies. We cool?

Darkblazer

Dong Mauler
Jun 16, 2009
HitsWithStyxx said:
Darkblazer said:
HitsWithStyxx said:
Darkblazer said:
Because I know you guys would all love my choice :)

1: Forever The Sickest Kids
2: Hit The Lights
3: Set It Off
4: A Day To Remember
5: All Time Low

I like pop-punk...
Sorry, (no offence) but they aren't "pop-punk". Pop-Punk is stuff like Green Day, Sum 41, Blink 182, etc. Your selection is very "Emo", and I don't mean the social stereotype, I mean the music style.

OT:
1) Alter Bridge
2) Iron Maiden
3) Fleetwood Mac (In they're heyday; Stevie Nicks was very hot back then)
4) Them Crooked Vultures
5) The Cure (WIN)

"All Time Low is a pop punk band from Lutherville-Timonium, Maryland, that formed in 2003."
Set it Off genres on their myspace are "pop-punk"
Forever The Sickest Kids are rock/powerpop, powerpop being pretty similar to pop-punk
A Day To Remember are post hardcore, that's an exception I guess, but the vocalist still has the voice for it
Hit the Lights is a pop punk band from Lima, Ohio.

Just about all of these bands are Pop-punk, did you even check before you made a reply?
Yeah, sorry about that man. I was in a pissy mood when I posted that. I guess they are pop-punk, just leaning more towards that pop side though, imo.

Didn't mean to offend :)
Ahahaa, don't even worry about it man, to be honest I knew that posting the bands I posted would kick up some kind of fuss anyway, cause it seems like a lot of the people that browse on the website are really into their metal. Metal doesn't really...do it for me, I just like these bandsss hahaa.

PEAAAACEEEE.

ItsAChiaotzu

Apr 20, 2009
bernthalbob616 said:
3. Paramore (What? I like Paramore, ok?)
You sir, win.

That'd be my number 1, followed by Between the Buried and Me, Lostprophets, Protest The Hero, and zebrahead, (What? I like zebrahead, ok?)

Ooh yeah, and Now Now Every Children.

delet

Nov 2, 2008
1. Nightwish(when Tarja was the lead singer.)
2. Krypteria(Symphonic Metal woo...)
3. Epica(Symphonic Metal woo...)
4. Symphony X(Symphonic Metal woo...)
5. Voltaire (Hilarious lyrics woo...)

leviathanmisha

Jun 21, 2009
Three Days Grace
Breaking Benjamin
Green Day
Metallica
Linkin Park

Yeah, I think we're going to be just fine.

Wardnath

Dec 27, 2009
Mirrorthrone (and by extension, all of Vladimir's other projects)
Agalloch
Anaal Nathrakh
Sunn O)))
Heaven & Hell (which is basically just Black Sabbath with Dio for vocals)

TheRocketeer

Intolerable Bore
Dec 24, 2009
Pink Floyd, The Allman Brothers, Eric Clapton, Deep Purple, and Rush.

Honorable mention to Triumph, Van Halen, the Electric Light Orchestra, David Bowie, and Bachman-Turner Overdrive. I guess we can all rock out together before the helicopter leaves or however we're getting out of there.

Oh, and I'd tell Nirvana, Aerosmith, the Rolling Stones and the Beatles that they had a ticket just to stand them up and watch them all fry in atomic hellfire, or however this is going down.