5 Movies with Dark Twists that Make Guys Cry

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
5 Movies with Dark Twists that Make Guys Cry

Not every movie ends the way you expect it to. These movies had a real emotional impact with the Dark Twist at the end.

Read Full Article

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Cabin In The Woods and Saw made guys cry? I laughed throughout both of those films. Cabin In The Woods because it was funny and Saw because of how hilarious and over the top the deaths were.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
I agree that Cabin in the Woods and Saw don't really belong on the list other than as a nice call-out to good dark twists.

But oi, those last two. I can't even think about The Mist or Buried without getting depressed. Hell, I don't think I could stomach re-watching Buried after knowing how it ends.

Solkard

Sep 29, 2014
I didn't find Dark City's ending to be depressing. I found it to be rather hopeful. In my opinion, the author is much too fixated on the idea people only being able to find happiness on planet Earth.

The oppressors governing all aspects of the protagonists life are expelled. He gains control of not only his own destiny, but the godlike power to shape the world around him, as he sees fit. He even meets up with the woman he loves, who is not only safe and sound, but free to fall in love with him again. I'd say it's the fantasy of every man who's ever gone through a mid-life crisis.

Maybe the author is sad that it didn't happen to him?

LadyMint

Apr 22, 2010
While I'm not a guy, I didn't find the ending of The Mist to be particularly tear-jerking. Frankly, I was annoyed at how quickly they seemed to give up. They only just got out of the supermarket full of crazies and barely went the length of their own city/county before deciding the whole world was screwed and they didn't want to face what else might be out there. If anything, it was a lesson about how a limited worldview can bring you to ruin.

crypticracer

Sep 1, 2014
I think the article missed the point of Cabin the Woods. Their interpretation is fair, but I feel the end said that if you have to cause pain to your own to survive, then you don't deserve to.