5 Pro marijuana arguements that aren't helping

chunkeymonke

Sep 25, 2009
http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-pro-marijuana-arguments-that-arent-helping/

This is an article by cracked that i really feel that every person who advocates and argues for weed needs to read.
I don't want to come off as anti drugs or what i personally don't care but i dislike people using arguments to legalize weed that are just plain stupid/

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
I red it earlier and I agree with most of their points.
Cracked is an excellent site! factual with some humour.

TeeBs

Oct 9, 2010
I read that cracked article too.

This is not topic grade material. Please advocate this somewhere else, and then only make topics with discussion value.

DrMetal

Oct 31, 2009
That article is invalid....
To say just 'omg, stop using bad arguments for legalizing pot', is a bad argument in it self. As 'stupid' arguments are most effective, purely due to general population awaraness, intelligence or attention span.

As in, Just saying pot is less harmfull tha alcohol and tobaco - yes would be bad argument, which under inspection has no real value. However, it will be more effective on larger pool of voters than, a reasonable explenation of just exactly what are pros and cons about it or give a comparison of such versus other substances.

Such arguments, as bad as they are are effective. Just like comercials and anti-drug panthlets and so on, are effective by blowing things out of proportion. Like personaly, i have see a panthlet that said pot makes toy go all emo, and cut your self (not in those exact words, but that was the main point). A suburban mother sees that, she is going to freak out. Why, because such point is effective and simple. But on closer inspection, is is stupid and invalid.

And beyond that, i'd like to remind every one, that leading cause od death, still is, and always will be: Being alive in the first place.

Kenami

Nov 3, 2010
Thanks for posting OP that was a good read. I have argued counter-points like this numerous times to friends/family members and it was nice to see that not only did someone else think the same but could also have the same couldn't be arsed attitude towards the whole ordeal I've had when its come to drug legalization.