5 Space-Horror Movies that Make Guys Cry

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
5 Space-Horror Movies that Make Guys Cry

No one can hear you scream in space, which just makes trying even sadder.

Read Full Article

Baron Tanks

Mar 3, 2013
I?m sorry if this is offtopic but, I see this series come by every week and I wonder. Why is it here and who enjoys it? If you enjoy it, please tell me what it is cause it baffles me, it just is so terribly uninteresting whenever I bother to read it and the whole premise makes me wonder why this has a place anywhere? Who is this series for?

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Baron Tanks said:
I?m sorry if this is offtopic but, I see this series come by every week and I wonder. Why is it here and who enjoys it? If you enjoy it, please tell me what it is cause it baffles me, it just is so terribly uninteresting whenever I bother to read it and the whole premise makes me wonder why this has a place anywhere? Who is this series for?
I've been thinking it's a replacement for "Top 5 with Lisa Foiles" and "Movie Defense Force" combined but that's never been stated. That said some of the lists are interesting, but to be honest it misses the appeal of both of those series, not that MDF ever seemed to get a lot of comments compared to other things.

One interesting point though is that MDF seemed to pick movies that were already cult classics among the crowd it was addressing, or ones that were awful because they failed to live up to the series/franchise they were a part of, these lists have picked a few movies which can be pretty obscure even to geeks. For example this is one of the few times I've heard "Screamers" mentioned anywhere. Originally I sort of expected MDF to be more about movies like that, or go on about "so terrible they are kind of entertaining" movies like say "Moon Trap", "Cross Worlds", or various G-grade (step below F) direct to video horror movies from the boom in the 1990s. :)

Of course where MDF to me was supposed to do that, here with the premise I expected well known movies, and while the lists include plenty of them, I'm not sure if enough people ever saw "Screamers" for it to be determined if it would make guys cry reliably.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
This week's films definitely have some legit sad moments, especially Event Horizon and Alien, with the former considering that 2 entire crews are DOOMed to spend an eternity with unimaginable tormets and those few that survived are scarred for life, either psychologycally or physically.

And with Alien... well, Ripley's entire arc is just pretty sad, and yes, I'm counting Resurrection.

Baron Tanks said:
Who is this series for?
I take these series as a mock of sorts of "Top X" lists, not meant to be taken seriously, while also being entertaining with the "X Makes you cry" gimmick and being informative at the same time, I definitely have watched a couple of films listed on one of these.

That said, it's definitely not a proper replacement of Lisa's Top 5 lists, but it's still pretty entertaining and I even watch these every week.

Baron Tanks

Mar 3, 2013
Alright, alright, I?m glad to see people actually enjoy this. I guess it?s just not for me and I thought the schtick of ?makes guys cry? was old after two times. I do agree with the light being shone on some more obscure movies has a certain appeal. Hopefully one of the future lists will appeal more to me and if not, nothing?s lost!