5 World Ending Movies that Make Guys Cry

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
5 World Ending Movies that Make Guys Cry

Why would a movie about the end of the world make guys cry like a baby? Find out.

Read Full Article

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
How is The Road not even on this list? It's probably the bleakest, most depressing end-of-the-world movie ever made.

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
XMark said:
How is The Road not even on this list? It's probably the bleakest, most depressing end-of-the-world movie ever made.
To me that film ends with hope that humans will survive. Between the addition of color at the beach to finding the bug in that tin, life seemed to be making it work.

You are right though, that film is heavy as hell

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
XMark said:
Agreed.
It is the saddest, most awful movie I ever saw.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Plus one for The Road, how fucked is a world when a father travelling with his son saves exactly two bullets and never uses them for anything else?

I would add "The Book of Eli" too, not really into religious allegory much but you can really feel Elis suffering and how he struggles during his travels.

Comic Sans

DOWN YOU GO!
Oct 15, 2008
Country
United States
I must be really missing something with Snowpiercer. I watched it a few days ago and didn't enjoy it almost at all. The social commentary lacked any nuance, there were multiple pace breaking scenes of exposition dump, the tone and plot events were all over the place, and there some things that maybe got explained in the graphic novel but unless I missed it had no explanation in the movie. It had it's moments but was overall a resounding meh, and outside online forums I know nobody who enjoyed it.

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
I'm surprised The World's End isn't on here. It seemed like kind of an obvious choice.