5-Year-Old Breaks TV, Mother Murders Him

LadyMint

Apr 22, 2010
I'm starting to feel like one of the only (or few) people who feels bad for this woman. I don't believe she intended to kill her child. I definitely think she went too far in hitting him, even if it hadn't killed him. Sad thing is, there are so many incidents where a person got caught up in a moment, had a split second decision to hit someone else, and in that one moment, their hit landed with just the right speed/angle to cause death. I feel bad for her because she's going to have to live with the fact that she killed her own child for the rest of her life.

Of course it's too brief an article to really gauge her personality, but I'd like to think that she is going to feel this for some time.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
its the "guy beats his son to death for unplugging tv in the middle of xbox game" all over again.
some people should really learn to control thier rage.

We need to invent some sort of rage thing that we all get for free to vent out rage on
well psichiatrist advice people with rage problems to punch pillows to put it out. personally i never tried, best i got was break my table in half by repeatedly hitting it after computer started cheating. but i would never consider hitting a person for it.

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
Well, unfit parents beat their wii kids every day, and the fact that this was triggered by breaking a TV with a controller has little to do with the incident itself; clearly there were far greater and more pervasive problems in this family.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
Arcane Azmadi said:
mattaui said:
No sane attorney would waste his breath trying to argue that she didn't hit the child, so now it's all about trying to say that, well, she didn't mean to kill him. Of course the prosecution will point out that he sustained such injuries that even if she hadn't set out to kill him, she clearly didn't care if he lived or died.

I'll condemn the woman right now, thank you very much.

Captcha: Nationa War. It's trying to tell me something.
Actually, I'd say you've hit the nail on the head there. Truth is, she almost certainly didn't intend to kill him- I highly doubt she thought "fuck, he's broken the TV! I'll kill the little shit and bury him in a shallow grave!" But yes, she clearly didn't care much for him or she wouldn't have been so violent no matter what he'd done.

Still, when you look at it rationally, it seems more like a case of manslaughter than murder. I'm not attempting to excuse it in any way -in fact, I still think the ***** should be dragged out and shot for it, even striking a child in your care in inexcusably evil- but from a purely legal prespective, that's what it is.

God I hate the world.
Your response to a single act of evil is to condemn the planet?

DangNabbit

May 23, 2010
I know this is a tragic story, but do we really need the sensationalist headline? Come on, Escapist, you're better than this.

Twilight.falls

Jun 7, 2010
I sincerely hope that the responses saying "Kid deserved it" or "Wiis lead to death" are trolling.

I really do.

Pinstar

Jul 22, 2009
shitoutonme said:
Pinstar said:
Things can be replaced, people cannot.
I'm afraid I disagree with this standalone statement, but yes, murder one's child over a TV is ridiculous. But people can sure as hell be replaced.
I must disagree with you. Yes, if you look at people as a resource, in the same way you'd look at say, money or building materials. Yes you can replace a person.

However, one cannot replace a person on the human level. Even if you were to some how engineer it where she could give birth to another child genetically identical to the one she murdered, that person is still going to be different due to differences in experiences.

TVs, on the other hand, can be duplicated both in form and function.

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
Of course, this is going to be spun as another case of video games causing violence.

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
The Diabolical Biz said:
...no more a rake? Wut?
That's really odd. Thanks for pointing it out to me, don't know how that got there... Removing it.

Any news on this? Last I heard manslaughter & murder. But what now?

Critterbot said:
I am very much against the beating of children, but if one absolutely has to do it, I draw the line at spanking.
Personally, I even draw the line before spanking. It seriously damages trust. Besides, how can you reason things like getting violent with other children as being wrong, when you harm your child yourself? Loss of moral high ground.

.. / -. . . -.. / - --- / - .- .-.. -.- / .. -. / -.-. --- -.. . / --- .-. / . .-.. ... . / .... . / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / ..-. .. -. -.. / -- . .-.-.-

.. / ..-. . .- .-. / .... .. ... / -.-. .-.. .- .-- ... .-.-.-

crop52

Mar 16, 2011
God damn, I keep thinking that I've seen the worst things the news room has to offer, but it just keeps getting worse.

rg8032

Jun 21, 2011
At least she took her genes out of the pool. For that, I applaud her. We need more of the ill, handicapped, or generally genetically-dysfunctional to take themselves out of the running. I don't care how they do it, but I would prefer a less cruel, senseless, and/or violent approach; something like voluntary abstinence or sterilization would be fine. Too bad most people are too emotional to acknowledge what is right in front of their faces.

At least the ending of the child's existence ended his suffering. Rest in peace (sub-apathetic nullified oblivion) you sultry, unlucky, uncoordinated child. Maybe he will come back as a zombie ... that's a jesus thing ... right guys? ... We're still friends ... right?

Unia

Jan 15, 2010
CosmicCommander said:
Unia said:
What worries me is you take it for a fact that a parent will punish their kids for damaging property with serious physical abuse.
I don't believe every parent will do such a thing, and I apologise if I may have conveyed a message that implied such- and I never came here with the intention of implying that; however, it is objective fact that there are a large amount of parents that punish their children via beatings, hence, it is inevitable some may go too far.

You need therapy dear.
That's just unwarranted.
Granted I came across douchy there, didn't I. What I mean to say is talking about domestic violence as something that will keep happening no matter what is...almost like condoning it. Natural disasters just happen. Violence on the other hand is always someone's choice . Will parents completely stop beating their kids if people frown about it? Nope. That doesn't make it okay to shrug and treat such abuse as inevitable as death and taxes.

And about the therapy thing...you just sound like you think your parents were in the right to beat you. Views like that are bound to make you miserable.