50 Worst Videogame Voice Acting Moments

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
When the cooking mama voice clip played I happened to have a mouthful of milk, and I spat it all over my computer screen. Luckily everything was okay.

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
Erana said:
*spoilers in this video*
This game had some of the worst voice acting ever.
It just ruins any immersion you could've gotten from the game.
Which is a shame really because I thought the actual premise was pretty exceptional.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
JeanLuc761 said:
Erana said:
*spoilers in this video*
This game had some of the worst voice acting ever.
It just ruins any immersion you could've gotten from the game.
Which is a shame really because I thought the actual premise was pretty exceptional.
I dunno, it bothered me that the whole game was like, "OMG, there was this awesome, epic explosive battle to free the human race! No, you don't get to play it. Go clean up the mess they left behind hundreds of years afterwards."
The dragon campaign seems much more interesting than the game itself, I must admit.

That, and Shirley is way more awesome than Shana in every way possible. /fangirl rant

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
SharPhoe said:
HardRockSamurai said:
...how the hell is ^that^ not on the list...
Random argument man said:
It's even bad in japanese...
The reason that's so bad is because the laughing is SUPPOSED to sound forced. Tidus is trying to get Yuna to simply laugh off her troubles, and he gives an exaggerated demonstration of how to laugh as a bit of a joke.
The japanese version sounds like a crows.

It was just an awkward scene.

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
Erana said:
I dunno, it bothered me that the whole game was like, "OMG, there was this awesome, epic explosive battle to free the human race! No, you don't get to play it. Go clean up the mess they left behind hundreds of years afterwards."
The dragon campaign seems much more interesting than the game itself, I must admit.

That, and Shirley is way more awesome than Shana in every way possible. /fangirl rant
Haha, I'll agree with you on that one; that CGI cutscene was amazing. And as for Shana, she definitely fell into the category of "helpless love interest," which was annoying.

CrashTestZombie

Mar 13, 2009
While Jade Cocoon: Story of the Tamamayu is one of my favorite games, some of the voice acting made me cry inside.

Aenir

Mar 26, 2009
All of the voice acting from Men of War.
I know it's an obscure Russian game that probably can't hook many decent voice actors, but when a briefing opens up with the words "Guys, this is bad." In a serious deep voice, you just have to smack yourself.

Still, aside from that, the pathing, and the absurd difficulty, Men of War is awesome. Probably the first/only game I'd recommend for Yahtzee to review, although I know for a fact it won't do anything >.>

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Gunner_Guardian said:
I laughed at the "la la la la la la!" one.

Also #5 was priceless.
#5 almost killed me laughing.

"I like girls, but now... it's about justice!"

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
HardRockSamurai said:
That was fantastic, although I'm a little perplexed...

To this day, I still have never seen that entire clip. I just can't force myself to listen to the whole thing.

Playbahnosh

Dec 12, 2007
We really need separate categories for "bad voice acting" and "bad foreign voice acting". I mean, it may be a coincidence, but that list is 90% Japanese games. Dub from foreign countries is always corny, and this goes for every country, not just Japan. I mean, I heard far more ridiculous dubs. Go, listen to the English dub of Hard Truck: Apocalypse, and that's a Russian game.

Besides, this started a long time ago...

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Onmi said:
Internet Kraken said:
HardRockSamurai said:
That was fantastic, although I'm a little perplexed...

To this day, I still have never seen that entire clip. I just can't force myself to listen to the whole thing.
I still think people miss the point. It was supposed to feel forced and fake and stupid, right AFTER they burst out into actual laughter that's natural Tidus wants Yuna to laugh so he does something absurd and she joins in.

They even get asked right after "Do you two have some screws loose?"
Does knowing that change the fact that the scene still feels awkward and stupid?

No. Not at all.