Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Onmi said:
Internet Kraken said:
Onmi said:
Internet Kraken said:
HardRockSamurai said:
That was fantastic, although I'm a little perplexed...

...how the hell is ^that^ not on the list...
To this day, I still have never seen that entire clip. I just can't force myself to listen to the whole thing.
I still think people miss the point. It was supposed to feel forced and fake and stupid, right AFTER they burst out into actual laughter that's natural Tidus wants Yuna to laugh so he does something absurd and she joins in.

They even get asked right after "Do you two have some screws loose?"
Does knowing that change the fact that the scene still feels awkward and stupid?

No. Not at all.
I don't get how, it makes sense in context, there's a difference between a poorly acted scene and a scene like this
But even when you put the scene in context it's still stupid. No matter what the context is for this scene, it's still annoying and awkward for the player to have to watch it. That makes it a terrible scene.

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
Erana said:
*spoilers in this video*
This game had some of the worst voice acting ever.
It just ruins any immersion you could've gotten from the game.
I know, eh?

Even when there wasn't any voice acting, it was terrible.

And funny.

Definitely on my top ten games list.

Nechti_Visara

May 1, 2008
Everything said in Baten Kaitos, aside from many things said by the Great Mizuti.
Seriously. They put so much work and beauty into that game, and so many voice acting spots, and they could be assed to find decent VAs for the crapton of lines in the game. It's horrible. It's not even So Bad it's Good most of the time.

Also, there is one line in my favorite game, Tales of Symphonia. It's really the only bad line in the game, and it's delivered so awkwardly that it's absolutely hilarious.
"Ah, I'm so sad now."

Krythe

Oct 29, 2009
LeonHellsvite said:
_zuul said:
worst videogame voice acting moments?

every jrpg ever
now that's an awful shot to take, not all JRPGs have bad voice acting look at crisis core, its a JRPG with great voice acting there that breaks the "all" you had in your statement

god I hate people who bash JRPGs as if they are all the same...
Well, we could say "Enveloped in the common jrpg chrysalis of starring a valium-addicted asexual moron who spends most of his time beating up rows of demonic hellspawn doing coordinated aerobic squats together when he isn't too busy spiking his hair with rubber cement."
But that's a bit of a mouthful for most people.

Krythe

Oct 29, 2009
*Ahem* Sorry - On topic...

Essentially anything ever spoken at any time in Resident Evils 1-3. (Espcially 1)

Vierran

None here.
Oct 11, 2009
A lot of those on the list aren't as bad as they seem when put with their respective background music.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
HardRockSamurai said:
That was fantastic, although I'm a little perplexed...

...how the hell is ^that^ not on the list...
IF you had actually been paying attention to the scene, you'd have realized it was done like that on purpose.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
The worst voice acting I've ever seen was in Mega Man X4. I love that game, but Zero sounds like a stoner and X sounds like Slippy Toad. The only voice in that game that was any good was Sigma's, and even his sucked.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
Two Worlds had to have had the most horrible voice acting I've ever come across. I do not regret selling that game. *shudder*

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
33 is BY FAR my favorite! "That's what you should have done...... in the beginning."

But this is just an amazing scene:
Wow, I REALLY can't move my body...

EDIT: number 2 sounds like Dr. Gonzo, just replace the name Dennis with Lucy

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
it was painful just listening to them =.=

(wow some people think ODST was badly done? hmm no comment)

Goronmon

Aug 31, 2006
I could only listen about a minute of that clip before I had to just turn it off. It's bad enough listening to that acting when you don't know it's coming. I don't need to subject myself to it on purpose.

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Marcus Fenix: THEY R SINKIN CITIEZ WITH A GIANT WOOOORM!!!!11!
Me: You've got to be fucking kidding me.

rockingnic

May 6, 2009
F.E.A.R. 1 at the end of the first level I think. "He doesn't appear to be injured, although I don't know how he survived."

ma55ter_fett

Oct 6, 2009
Are you.. gray wardens?

that line cracked me up, if I was seriously laying in a pool of my own blood and had just seen my hentire squad get hacked to pieces I would be more like

ARGGHHHHH!!!! MY LEG MY FUCKING LEG ARGHHHHHHHH!!!! FUCK FUCK FUCK ARGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! ************ ARGHHHHH!!!!

and more of the same