Activision Announces Guitar Hero: Aerosmith

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Activision Announces Guitar Hero: Aerosmith

Activision's [http://www.guitarherogame.com/ghaerosmith/] hit franchise, is currently under development and scheduled for release in June, the company announced today.

Guitar Hero: Aerosmith will put players in the shoes of guitarists Joe Perry and Brad Whitford or bassist Tom Hamilton as they rock out across the entirety of the band's career, from their debut gig to their ascendance to the top. The game will include dozens of Aerosmith's biggest hits as well as tracks from related artists and venues from some of the band's biggest shows.

"Any band that can go from "Don't Want to Miss A Thing" to the ass-kicking "Sweet Emotion" to the cheekiness of "Love in an Elevator" to the classic ballad "Dream On" shows why Activision chose us to headline this game based on the diversity of the Aerosmith [http://www.aerosmith.com/]catalog," said band frontman Steven Tyler. "Not only is songwriting a *****, but then it goes and has puppies."

"Having a game built around Aerosmith has been a huge honor and a really great experience for us. We've put a lot of ideas into the game so that fans can have fun interacting with our music, getting inside our body of work and learning about the band's history," guitarist Joe Perry added, somewhat more coherently. "It's great for rock since the record companies are struggling to make sense of how things are changing. Fans want to get and experience music in new formats - and there are going to be some of them who will play the game, then pick up the guitar for real and start bands. It's what's happening now, and it's only going to build more momentum in the future. It's a massive change for the music business."

Guitar Hero: Aerosmith is currently in development for the Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock [http://www.wii.com] for free from February 16-18 over Xbox Live Marketplace and the PlayStation Store.

"We are extremely excited that Aerosmith chose to team up with Guitar Hero, bringing one of the world's all-time best-selling artists together with one of the biggest videogame brands, to deliver a new and unique interactive way for our customers to connect with artists and their music," said Red Octane [http://www.redoctane.com/]head of publishing Dusty Welch. "This partnership will give Aerosmith, a band that has sold more than 150 million albums worldwide, a powerful and innovative platform to reach their fans and new audiences."

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
If they are smart they will allow it for download as well. I don't need 3 guitars...unless they have implemented that as well...hmmmmmm Lead, rhythm and base?

MrKeroChan

Oct 3, 2007
aaaahhhh..... well since GH3 was really lame and way overrated..... why not make another GH with a lame and overrated band..... then to followed by the Beatles and the Rolling Stones editions...

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
I demand this project be scrapped until they make a version of Guitar Hero dedicated to Ween. I NEED to play 'It's Gonna Be A Long Night' on a toy guitar.

sonicliam

Feb 3, 2008
YAY another Guitar Hero after your done with an Aerosmith version MAKE A KISS version i mean Kiss has been in nearly every guitar Hero game

renard

Feb 5, 2008
After this, activision will release Guitar hero: rolling stones, Guitar hero: beattles, Guitar Hero: eric clapton, fiddle hero: legends of country...
somebody smells the EA aroma? because I do.

Geoffrey42

Aug 22, 2006
My first thought on this was: wouldn't it be more entertaining to bring a "Band" specific game to... Rock Band?

Off-Topic: Gisgo Elim, what is your avatar, and why does it appear to have the Thundercats symbol on it?

majorcat

Feb 15, 2008
Jeez. Seriously? Is this for real? A 4th guitar hero game (including that 80's piece of trash) in 2.5 years ??? :|.

Anybody else start thinking that Activision is looking more like EA than EA is looking like EA these days? I mean, come on. Don't shove this down our throats. Think of what happened to Tony Hawk. Take more time and come out with a better game!

GingerFace

Feb 15, 2008
All those people saying stuff like "just slow down and make it a better game" etc. just think. How can it be made better? more songs, better songs, thats it. and activision or whoever it is now whos running GH will put any band who pays them the most money to be on, this is just a way to try and revive Aerosmiths career

and if theyre going to be making them at the rate of 4 in 2.5 years, they could at least make them affordable, not £30-£40 a go, and more with the guitar

TerribleTerryTate

Feb 4, 2008
Oh man, this idea is just...horrible. The band is terrible, and the concept is even worse. Man I hope this is some sort of a joke.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
How the hell can you hate Aerosmith? They are one of the most well known bands in the world and they didn't get that way because they suck. Who cares if they had song writers write them a couple tunes, almost everyone does that (and if you think they don't you need to ask someone very close to where you are sitting slap you in the back of the head for being ignorant). The only people I know that absolutely hate Aerosmith are people born after 1987 and those who only listen to death metal or techno...and even they respect Aerosmith.

Now, should they have their own Guitar Hero? Eh, I won't buy it but I would DL a bunch of their songs.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
I never much cared for Aerosmith. Their recent material, say the last decade or so, has been particularly abominable.

Echolocating

Jul 13, 2006
Of all the bands they could have chosen... Aerosmith? Yuck.

I hope this is a bargain priced game because they're targeting a niche market... Aerosmith fans (and parents who think their kids like Aerosmith - wait, maybe they're targeting the parents?). I wouldn't mind seeing more Guitar Hero games focusing on specific bands or genres... as long as they are reasonably priced.

Lampdevil

Dec 12, 2007
Echolocating said:
I wouldn't mind seeing more Guitar Hero games focusing on specific bands or genres... as long as they are reasonably priced.
There's the key. I have no problem with new songs to play in Guitar Hero. That's the point, right? Songs! Yay! But I'd hate to have to shell out sixty bucks plus tax (up here in Canada, yay) for what's essentially an add-on.

Nov 28, 2007
There is only one thing I care about...Dream On is coming for FREE tomorrow.

Edit: And I would totally buy Guitar Hero: The Black Mages Edition.