EA's Peter Moore Says Activision-Blizzard "Can't Compete With Us"

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
EA's Peter Moore Says Activision-Blizzard "Can't Compete With Us"

Electronic Arts [http://www.easports.com/].

Speaking to MCV [http://www.mcvuk.com/news/29693/Moore-Activision-Blizzard-cant-compete-with-us], Moore said his label is making moves to appeal to a wider range of gamers, both by appealing to the more casual mainstream gamer as well as increasing its audience outside the U.S. "We need to globalize, and we're taking many steps to broaden the appeal of our product portfolio," Moore said. "We're committed to testing the elasticity of our brand. We have a number of concepts in development that will start to evolve the EA Sports experience to something that still appeals to the hardcore but is less intimidating to casual gamers."

Moore also defended the EA Sports brand's commitment to innovation, saying that people who suggested otherwise "don't actually play our games," and adding that the company continues to earn critical praise and commercial success with the majority of its releases.

"Consumers get a chance to vote at the cash registers, and what we're seeing is that our games are as popular as ever," Moore said. "This is an area in which Activision-Blizzard really can't compete with us."

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
Wow, this guy seems to have missed a memo regarding purgatory time for EA, and what the hell is he talking about, EA sells more games because they release more games. This man deserves to stand in the shame corner.

InProgress

Feb 15, 2008
From the attached picture he looks like one of those independent guerilla warfare, that's trying to copy Cheguevara, and I don't trust copy-cats. Also, I don't think that EA can broaden Ea Sports more than it already is. I mean, is it going to have a different way to control the characters? or are they releasing a game for the Wii, which would just complicate some games(e.g. basketball, football, soccer, etc)?

TomNook

Feb 21, 2008
Well releasing the same 5 madden games every year geared toward the every highschool football team in America is bound to sell more than quality games because such games(WoW,Mass Effect, Half Life, etc) are seen as nerdy.

Damn Dirty Ape

Oct 10, 2007
sammyfreak said:
I think the guy on the picture was an advisor to Saddan Hussein.
You guys don't know him? He was always shown on iraqi television, when the US invaded. His dialog was simply hilarious, he's known for instance saying "there were no enemy forces in Baghdad" when you actually saw fighting in the background. So in this case, EA talks alot but it's easy to punch through their lies.

fmsmoothie

Feb 23, 2008
Because collecting monthly allowance from 10 million people doesn't equal or is less then selling the same shit every year? I'm no mathologist but something tells me they're wrong.

Raan_Amano

Feb 15, 2008
Damn Dirty Ape said:
sammyfreak said:
I think the guy on the picture was an advisor to Saddan Hussein.
You guys don't know him? He was always shown on iraqi television, when the US invaded. His dialog was simply hilarious, he's known for instance saying "there were no enemy forces in Baghdad" when you actually saw fighting in the background. So in this case, EA talks alot but it's easy to punch through their lies.
Yeah. The people I know call him "Baghdad Bob". He was hilarious.

Hey Joe

Dec 23, 2007
A lot of aggressive behavior out of EA lately, what with the attempted 2K takeover and now this. Can it be that the mighty EA feel threatened?

Arbre

Jan 13, 2007
HalfShadow said:
Guys, guys...You're reading it wrong.

By "Can't Compete With Us", they mean "Don't Suck As Hard As Us".
Precisely, Moore has been very subtle, about the meaning of "compete".

wink wink

He didn't loose time getting used to his new suit. Feels like Kutaragi has found a spiritual son.