Tesla Coil Band Wow America's Got Talent Judges

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Tesla Coil Band Wow America's Got Talent Judges

The mad scientist musicians ArcAttack amazed audience and judges alike with a rendition of the Imperial March on America's Got Talent.

ArcAttack, the mad scientist musical group who play Tesla coils, appeared on America's Got Talent on Wednesday, amazing judges with their rendition of the Imperial March from Star Wars. Watching the video, it's clear that the judges didn't get it at first, but once the lightning started, they soon came around.

We've featured ArcAttack before [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/89609-Tesla-Sings-For-Doctor-Who], so you may already be familiar with their personal brand of science-infused musicianship. You're likely to see plenty more of them though - as will the rest of America - as they advance to the next round of the competition.

Source: Gizmodo [http://gizmodo.com/5554927/arcattack-americas-next-pop-sensation-or-mainstream-music-machine-victim]

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
I like that the guy wearing the metal gear ALSO has a nose ring.

Is it just me, or does this remind anyone of Cygnar stormknights?

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I love the thunderstorm warning on the video. Great coincidence!

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Thats awesome, lol, nice to see the judges finally got it! And enjoyed it too!

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
That made me laugh so hard I fell of my chaiar, that's brilliant.

The look on their faces, priceless. What's the betting they're going to get employed on someone like Madonna or that Gaga woman's next tour? They're not going to turn down crazy effects...

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
I'd love to see these guys on AGT again, and I can't wait to see how they step that up.

AvsJoe said:
I love the thunderstorm warning on the video. Great coincidence!
Hehe, all the better, right?

Baradiel

Mar 4, 2009
While that IS pretty amazing, if Americas Got Talent is anything like Britains Got Talent, which it should be, they'll need to think of more extreme and unique ways to use electricity.

Nicely done, though.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Epic shit!!

What the hell was Sharon thinking? I reckon she was just trying to justify hitting the button before it got interesting.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
I couldn't hear anything over the crowd after the lightning started. Also, who cares about Osborne's opinion; really?

ShadowKatt

Mar 19, 2009
This really isn't all that great. I've watched a lot of videos of people that did things with tesla coils and I will (someday) get myself a good set of plasma speakers. I'm not even sure the coils actually did anything except arc, I couldn't hear it over the guitars.

They might have been 'wow'ed, but then again, we must remember, the judges, the audience, they're idiots. Just like American Idol. Just like that dancing show. Just like everyone on television.

Why do we waste our time on these people?

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
ShadowKatt said:
This really isn't all that great. I've watched a lot of videos of people that did things with tesla coils and I will (someday) get myself a good set of plasma speakers. I'm not even sure the coils actually did anything except arc, I couldn't hear it over the guitars.

They might have been 'wow'ed, but then again, we must remember, the judges, the audience, they're idiots. Just like American Idol. Just like that dancing show. Just like everyone on television.

Well, YOU waste YOUR time. I think it was good. At least better than another kid who was whip-trained by his pushy parents with no talent and too much time to sing, dance and juggle monkeys at the same time, while having 0 personality whatsoever.

Or ANOTHER dance group, or another magician...

Nazrel

May 16, 2008
I've seen people make music with tesla coils, and not just use them for special effects

Bigeyez

Apr 26, 2009
ShadowKatt said:

The coils actually play notes. It is hard to tell because of the guitars in this video but go watch some of ArcAttacks other videos and you'll hear the coils. Escapist covered the Doctor Who theme song that AA covered a while back and the coils are the only instruments playing. They found a way to tune lightning so that the sounds waves caused by the super heated air match up to musical notes. Pretty cool stuff if you ask me.

Edit: If you listen carefully you can hear the difference bewteen the lightning and the guitars. The guitars here are playing the main riff/beat and the lighting is doing all of the higher notes and the parts that sound synthesized.

Nazrel

May 16, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sne_uI2Yq4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opf5jIukSBM&feature=related

here's a few.

Nazrel

May 16, 2008
here's some others

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOZEpP_zzaw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXsfGVVGb-Y&feature=related

These are better than the previous 2
Really anything by the masters of lighting is awesome.

diablomaki

Jul 17, 2009
sharon osborne need to get hit by a truck filled with explosives driven buy her adle brained husband

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
Is it just me, or did these guys play their trump card too early? I don't see anywhere to up up from there.

syndicated44

Apr 25, 2009
WrongSprite said:
Epic shit!!

What the hell was Sharon thinking? I reckon she was just trying to justify hitting the button before it got interesting.
Haha I will definitely agree with that statement.

Anyway that was awesome. I am seeing so much awesome whatnots this morning.