51 yr old actor marries "16" yr old model/singer... wtf?

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
So basically, 51 year old Doug Hutchison, who's basically had a few small time roles and only 1 role you might actually remember him from - the hateful guard in Green Mile. Meanwhile his 16 year old bride Courtney Stodden is a "country singer" (read: pop music) and model. They had to get married in Vegas, since she's so young, and her parents had to give consent.

Also, for all the "Two people getting married, big deal": While the huge age gap is... unusual, what's more shocking is the 16 year old girl herself. Hence the use of quotations in the title. There's also the fact that she's aiming to be a famous singer and model, and her songs suck. Badly. Rebecca Black bad.

Here's a couple articles on it:
http://www.bestweekever.tv/2011-06-21/meet-courtney-stodden-16-year-old-plastic-surgery-junkie-and-wife/
http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/b248344_Five_Things_You_Didnt_Know_About_16-Year-Old_Bride_Courtney_Stodden.html
http://perezhilton.com/2011-06-21-is-courtney-stodden-really-16
http://www.dlisted.com/2011/06/21/courtney-stoddens-mother-approves

The 16 yr old (note... she looks 25+):
http://www.courtneystodden.com/Gallery.html

What do you think? I mean she looks like she's got to be made of plastic, and in some pics she really, really looks older (like saggy skin). I don't know what to make of this. I don't really have anything against the age gap, specifically, but this whole thing is just so wierd. I mean was she getting botox at 8? New boobs at 12? How can a 16yr old look like that?!

(Captcha: "age before beauty" ...well what the eff?)

EDIT: Figured I'll save you some time, this is the 16 year old:

EDIT2:

EDIT3:

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I...what...just...what...my brain...malfunction...

*reboots*

Really, as the writer of that first article, I just don't get this. How did she end up like this?! How could this happen?! Her parents, teachers, where the hell are they?! This is just...I'm flabbergasted. Usually I care little about stuff like this, but this is just so far off the "WTF" scale that it blows my tiny mind.

Oh and Rebecca Black is Grammy Award-worthy compared to that...noise.
NinjaDeathSlap said:
I'm actually quite surprised to discover that I... don't... really care that much.
Yeah, the craziness of the world can lead to such desensitization.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
NinjaDeathSlap said:
I'm actually quite surprised to discover that I... don't... really care that much.
same its there problem (if it is a problem), why whould it effect the rest of us as long as everything is consent I don't really care

on a side note there is no way in hell she is 16 she looks closer to 29

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Wow, between the fake tan, bad dye job, and obvious plastic surgery she looks like she's 35 and trying to hold onto 30.

In other news, he wants a trophy wife and she wants him to up and die soon so she can get her big bushel of money from his will and then move on with her life. So really, everybody here is getting what they want. Right? It's like that beautifulpeople.com or whatever. Shallow gits will always be shallow gits, so let's let them do their thing as far away from us as possible.

Smertnik

Apr 5, 2010
Not this again... Who cares? Everyone involved is content with the relationship, so what's the problem?

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
aba1 said:
NinjaDeathSlap said:
same its there problem (if it is a problem), why whould it effect the rest of us as long as everything is consent I don't really care

on a side note there is no way in hell she is 16 she looks closer to 29
That's kind of the WTF part for me... I'd love to see a birth certificate and driver's liscense because this is just wierd. I'm guessing she was one of those 8 year old pageant girls getting botox... and whatever other "enhancements".

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
I don't really care they they are getting married. I'm more caring towards the fact that the gal looks nothing like her age. At all.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
She's four years younger than me?
I must really start on the botox and invest in some boobs then cause it seems as though I'm way behind.

I don't think the age difference is that big a deal though, sure it's kinda creepy, but there have been bigger age gaps. That and it's not like it's going to last and she seems pretty messed up anyway.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I looked at the photos and went

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/4/25/129166868077846153.jpg

Beyond that, I... WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

There's about three WTFs in this story.

Also, it's hard to advocate "Parents ought to do the parenting!" when you read stuff like this.

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
Wow. Sixteen and she's already mostly plastic (or at least looks it). If that's what she looks like now, my bet is she peaks at 20 and just goes downhill from there.

As for the marriage: oh, well. Her parents gave consent.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Smertnik said:
Not this again... Who cares? Everyone involved is content with the relationship, so what's the problem?
Because a girl like that obviously has some serious mental issues, and instead of protection she's getting exploited.

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
Their choice. I have no place to say what other consenting people can do with their lives.

I also REALLY don't give a shit.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
there is no way shes 16, she looks like shes at least 40

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Wait, I know this isn't the point but, how is she sixteen years old? She has got to be at least twenty something.

Wharrgarble

Jun 22, 2010
That's... that's not even a woman. That's a plastic mannequin.

And she's sixteen?! She looks late twenties! Maybe even thirty!

I don't normally like to judge other peoples personal affairs but... what is this I don't even.

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
She's two years younger than me? She looks 30 at least.

Other than that, eh. It's legal. I'm more annoyed she claims to sing country. she ain't got nuthin' on Jerry Reed.

Stilt-Man

Dec 31, 2009
Doug Hutchison? Doug "Victor Tooms" Hutchison? WOW, I ... still don't care. Sorry. I'm in no place to judge. It could be a publicity stunt for two barely-knowns to get a bit of a career boost, it could be that they're in love (it happens, you know). Who can say?